Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Motor tax bill

You would be saving BB alot of money on the new Freeman!
    Thanks for your help whenever and however it can help us poorer outdoorsmen save a few bucks.

County/state tomayter/tomahter

Both are out my pocket

This cannot be taken up until Jan. It would have 4.5 months to pass both bodies.

Sales tax goes to the state. Property is local government.

If we preven t local government from collecting property tax they would scream the legislature must make up the revenue.

They do not trust us to send them money. There is no honor among thieves.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Can we not just do away with the tax. I mean it's theft anyhow.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Quote Originally Posted by darealdeal View Post
    Can we not just do away with the tax. I mean it's theft anyhow.
    We all wish but the country is to far gone for that.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Yea, being taxed once would be great. Property taxes are 100% Bull. Shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Is it just me or does every facet of government need to better learn to live within its means?

So what if they scream. They work for me. Do like the rest of us and figure out how to do more with less.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 12-03-2021 at 12:18 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Damn right. I bought Ranger Reata in ‘19. The property tax for the motor was $585 a year. I think the boat was right at $1,400. Edgefield County was getting $2,000 from me for a boat. I sold the boat.
    I agree with the sales tax option. I like the no tax, but if I had to pick.

How do you fund local government if we do away with all property tax?
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    Is it just me or does every facet of government need to better learn to live within its means?

So what if they scream. They work for me. Do like the rest of us and figure out how to do more with less.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Imagine how many problems this would solve.

Sales tax, income tax. If they worked as hard to spend wisely as they do to just spend people might feel a little better about the government robbing them weekly
    Last edited by Frank1; 12-03-2021 at 06:55 AM.

Default Motor tax bill

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    I don’t really care if we’re being honest. Like said, if it can’t be figured it out from income tax and sales tax, maybe ask Dave Ramsey to come give a seminar.

Edited to add - doggy doc’s plan is best.

Last edited by quackaddict; 12-03-2021 at 07:09 AM.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Cut out all of the BS spending and wellfare programs to those who are content to do nothing.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Easy solution. We can spend less. Crazy notion I know. Maybe just maybe instead of oh end of the year lets spend it or loss it.. Change that and allow money to roll over in budgets.... Maybe lets do some math and say this is what we need and do a little more math and say this is the amount of sales tax we need. That would be paid by every person that travels through that area and not just the people who live there. Paying taxes on property that is nothing more than a rent from the government admitting that they can take that at anytime. Heck look at the federal government and what they consider assets... Every one of our homes are consider an asset of the federal government. We should not and should have never agreed to paying taxes on property that we purchase and own. Yeah sales tax sure. I am not so stupid to think we do not need any funding. Sales tax is a better option in my mind. Even those that do not own property would be paying into the system more.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Easiest solution is for SC residents to move. SC will be blue in less than 10 years.

We are they just have R beside their names.

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    Easiest solution is for SC residents to move. SC will be blue in less than 10 years.

Move where? That seems to happening everywhere these days

Vehicles and boats should be devoid of property tax anyway ... Sales tax, one and done ... They don't necessarily stay in that county anyway.

How about reduce or eliminate tax on boats over 10 years old?