Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Motor tax bill

Default Motor tax bill

Currently if you order a boat, motor and trailer together the sales tax is capped at a max of $500. That does not change.

If you order a boat without a motor it is capped at $500. But, if you order a motor separately the sales tax rate is determined by the county you purchased it in. Approx 9-10%.

The proposed bill I am co-sponsoring would cap a motor at $500.

In the event you purchased a motor and trailer on the same bill of sale the combined tax would be capped at $500.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Propose no tax

Would have been nice a few years ago when I repowered.

Folks on the left will say it's a tax break for the rich, since poor folks don't buy new outboards. And they're correct.

edit: I second the no tax proposal.
    Last edited by wob; 12-02-2021 at 12:13 PM.

Propose once we pay sales tax on it that we no longer pay properly tax on it.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

A step in the right direction.

What are the odd it will pass?

Get it done!
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

No tax after original purchase. I hate paying taxes on something I own. Like it's the government.saying they are just letting us borrow everything and paying our overlords rent..... No tax after original purchase.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Why will we still be paying way more than most states while we have worse boat ramps than anywhere else I’ve been?
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Meanwhile paddleboards and kayaks utilize everything for free

I like the pay sales tax, then nothing else after idea. Propose that.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by darealdeal View Post
    No tax after original purchase. I hate paying taxes on something I own. Like it's the government.saying they are just letting us borrow everything and paying our overlords rent..... No tax after original purchase.
    and i cant remember the last time i saw dnr fixing pot holes in the river... they probably wouldn't feel them anyways in those prodigy's they ride around in

Why does this owner of this boat have to go out and spend his money and effort on irrelevant and personal property altering stickers?

But not the owner of this one?

The sales tax was/is the same if you buy this in SC and they are never registered in SC but do rent hanger space from local airport authorities under subsidized programs:

Global-7500.jpeg
    Dum Spiro Spero

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    I like the pay sales tax, then nothing else after idea. Propose that.

Unless it is pay sales tax on the entire amount like most states, right? MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Agree with no tax after purchase....

I think this was more of a notification of what he is proposing instead of a brainstorming activity. The legislature is in session all week so I would imagine it is being voted on.

#inboardlife
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Glover View Post
    Unless it is pay sales tax on the entire amount like most states, right? MG
    I can't afford expensive boats, so that don't really confront me. I guess if someone can afford a $100k boat they can afford the sales tax, right? I'd still like for it to be one and done then the govt can officially piss off.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

That would be a help Phillip.

And for some of you,....sales tax goes to the SC Dept. of Revenue. Property taxes go to the county.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk