Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bull Sluice or bullshit?

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Used to be THE place to catch Brook trout in GA. Now, it's just SNIT city. I love the place, but after reading what Jay wrote, I may just pass and live on memories.
    what areas would you catch the brook trout? Ive always wondered how far downstream the natives were caught

Tear it down.

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    what areas would you catch the brook trout? Ive always wondered how far downstream the natives were caught
    More like how far upstream. The answer? Way up. Small flies and any pool that you can get to used to hold Brookies. Honestly , I don't even know if the state of Georgia even stocks Brook trout in the Chattooga anymore. any fish in that river are stocked. Don't think there is any spawning these days. I can find out.

From the SC side, take the trail in from the Walhalla Hatchery.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Rivers > Man made lakes. Tear it down.
    Yep. Get it gone.

Tear that sucker down. Got no interest on powering homes for immigrants.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    More like how far upstream. The answer? Way up. Small flies and any pool that you can get to used to hold Brookies. Honestly , I don't even know if the state of Georgia even stocks Brook trout in the Chattooga anymore. any fish in that river are stocked. Don't think there is any spawning these days. I can find out.

From the SC side, take the trail in from the Walhalla Hatchery.
    Thanks. I know they are up in the headwaters, but I only started fishing there in the early 2000’s. I didn’t know if natives were caught all the way down to the confluence of the east fork in recent history or not. They still stock some Brook trout. I have caught some stockers in the DH section.

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    Thanks. I know they are up in the headwaters, but I only started fishing there in the early 2000’s. I didn’t know if natives were caught all the way down to the confluence of the east fork in recent history or not. They still stock some Brook trout. I have caught some stockers in the DH section.
    Good to read. I need to drag my azz up there this year. Beautiful water to fish.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

There’s several places to catch native brookies, but you will work for it.

Tear it down. It’ll be much less expensive, and we will regain miles of a beautiful, dynamic wild and scenic river in exchange for a horribly silted in diversity-lacking lake. Folks on here should know the difference between true environmentalists and the far left nut bags that have hijacked the term.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Quote Originally Posted by WhitewaterDuck View Post
    Folks on here should know the difference between true environmentalists and the far left nut bags that have hijacked the term.
    Finally.

Now tell me which ones brought this suit because it is getting hard to tell...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Finally.

Now tell me which ones brought this suit because it is getting hard to tell...
    I think a mixture of both brought the suit. You can tell the whackos by their love of solar and wind energy. The only people that like solar and wind are city libs that have no appreciation for a pretty horizon.

But the “don’t tear it down” folks are just as silly in my opinion. This debate reminds me of a quote by GK Chesterton
    “ The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.”

So I’m a progressive if I want it torn down?

I think instead that I’ll continue forming an opinion as each case presents itself instead of getting in step with either movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    So I’m a progressive if I want it torn down?

I think instead that I’ll continue forming an opinion as each case presents itself instead of getting in step with either movement.
    Nope, a mistake would be to use tearing it down for an excuse for solar or wind. I think the ones that want it torn down because it makes sense aren’t conservative or progressive, just logical