Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33

Thread: Bull Sluice or bullshit?

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    on a river
    Posts
    1,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Used to be THE place to catch Brook trout in GA. Now, it's just SNIT city. I love the place, but after reading what Jay wrote, I may just pass and live on memories.
    what areas would you catch the brook trout? Ive always wondered how far downstream the natives were caught

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,854

    Default

    Tear it down.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Gobbler's Knob, GA/ Bamberg,SC
    Posts
    19,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    what areas would you catch the brook trout? Ive always wondered how far downstream the natives were caught
    More like how far upstream. The answer? Way up. Small flies and any pool that you can get to used to hold Brookies. Honestly , I don't even know if the state of Georgia even stocks Brook trout in the Chattooga anymore. any fish in that river are stocked. Don't think there is any spawning these days. I can find out.

    From the SC side, take the trail in from the Walhalla Hatchery.
    F**K Cancer

    Just Damn.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Spartanburg
    Posts
    45,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Rivers > Man made lakes. Tear it down.
    Yep. Get it gone.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    3,307

    Default

    Tear that sucker down. Got no interest on powering homes for immigrants.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    on a river
    Posts
    1,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    More like how far upstream. The answer? Way up. Small flies and any pool that you can get to used to hold Brookies. Honestly , I don't even know if the state of Georgia even stocks Brook trout in the Chattooga anymore. any fish in that river are stocked. Don't think there is any spawning these days. I can find out.

    From the SC side, take the trail in from the Walhalla Hatchery.
    Thanks. I know they are up in the headwaters, but I only started fishing there in the early 2000’s. I didn’t know if natives were caught all the way down to the confluence of the east fork in recent history or not. They still stock some Brook trout. I have caught some stockers in the DH section.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Gobbler's Knob, GA/ Bamberg,SC
    Posts
    19,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    Thanks. I know they are up in the headwaters, but I only started fishing there in the early 2000’s. I didn’t know if natives were caught all the way down to the confluence of the east fork in recent history or not. They still stock some Brook trout. I have caught some stockers in the DH section.
    Good to read. I need to drag my azz up there this year. Beautiful water to fish.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    F**K Cancer

    Just Damn.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    46,170

    Default

    Theres several places to catch native brookies, but you will work for it.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    The Wild, Wild West
    Posts
    2,437

    Default

    Tear it down. It’ll be much less expensive, and we will regain miles of a beautiful, dynamic wild and scenic river in exchange for a horribly silted in diversity-lacking lake. Folks on here should know the difference between true environmentalists and the far left nut bags that have hijacked the term.
    There was a time between the excitement of first light/legal and the first wave of ducks we tried to coax in that I looked to the heavens and talked to Tripp; I dont think God lets conversations from earth taint the wonder that His children are experiencing in Heaven, but just in case, I had my say.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Wateree, South Carolina
    Posts
    42,775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhitewaterDuck View Post
    Folks on here should know the difference between true environmentalists and the far left nut bags that have hijacked the term.
    Finally.

    Now tell me which ones brought this suit because it is getting hard to tell...

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    on a river
    Posts
    1,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Finally.

    Now tell me which ones brought this suit because it is getting hard to tell...
    I think a mixture of both brought the suit. You can tell the whackos by their love of solar and wind energy. The only people that like solar and wind are city libs that have no appreciation for a pretty horizon.

    But the “don’t tear it down” folks are just as silly in my opinion. This debate reminds me of a quote by GK Chesterton
    “ The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.”

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    46,170

    Default

    So Im a progressive if I want it torn down?

    I think instead that Ill continue forming an opinion as each case presents itself instead of getting in step with either movement.

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    on a river
    Posts
    1,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    So I’m a progressive if I want it torn down?

    I think instead that I’ll continue forming an opinion as each case presents itself instead of getting in step with either movement.
    Nope, a mistake would be to use tearing it down for an excuse for solar or wind. I think the ones that want it torn down because it makes sense aren’t conservative or progressive, just logical

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •