Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Listening to some of the abortion debate

Quote Originally Posted by centurian View Post
    I'm with that. I am not a bible thumper. I do not believe in pollution, i think to many people is what causes so called pollution. We need to drop about half the people living now for sustainability by what ever means.
    Then explain why 749 people generate more litter on the streets of Eastover, South Carolina than the 1,800,000 people living in Vienna, Austria...

Quote Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
    I think that many people are not equipped to have children and never should. If they are irresponsible enough to not use birth control, but are self enlightened enough to know they are incapable of raising a child, abortion should be an option for that person. Outlawing abortions will place many children straight into a living hell. Mars Bluff says he would prefer to give the child a chance which is a fine sentiment, but in reality how much of a chance does a child have with 19 year old meth addicted parents living in a trailer smeared with shit?
    Adopting a child is a noble thing, but not all adoptions put the child into an ideal living environment.
    In short, there are too many humans on the planet so why roadblock abortions if it will prevent a child from being born into an unloving miserable situation.
    I am not knocking anyone's belief in their version of God or morality, but the cold hard truth of the human condition is that there are plenty of living children who probably wish they were not here right now because they are being abused. The Turpin kids in California may be doing better now, but can you imagine the hell they endured when their parents caged them up and starved them. That level of abuse just doesn't go away.
    I think you're really on to something here.

Why stop with abortions? The Germans had a great thing going with their pursuit of a master race. Born with Downs? Nope. Shouldn't be burdened with someone who wont contribute or live life fully. Let give him a nice little needle. While we're at it, lets define what is a full life and since we're overpopulated...lets start the cull. I just want to be on the board that decides how to define a full life, ok?

While we're at it, we can just take all reproductive rights away from folks and have ourselves some hatcheries. When the little ones are born, they can be guided into some predetermined social hierarchies based on their aptitude test results. IF they dont score into the right buckets, we can cull em and make room for a more productive member.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Then explain why 749 people generate more litter on the streets of Eastover, South Carolina than the 1,800,000 people living in Vienna, Austria...
    Americans are trashy. We throw trash on the street that we would never throw in our own yard. Fast food and plastic bottles are the biggest reason for litter.

Have any of you considered the female perspective to the debate. 15 weeks or 16 weeks? Most women would not know they were pregnant until well after 20 weeks. What about those folks trying to be responsible by using birth control. It doesn't always work. Most women on birth control spot their drawers throughout the month. Then all of a sudden they realize they are pregnant well beyond 20 weeks.
    I think it is BS for men to make these decisions on behalf of women because we don't even understand what it is like to bleed every month or carry a child to term.
    Your sarcastic post is getting to the point of choice Big Brother. What do you mean when you say "reproductive rights"? The right to have sex and the right to abstain from sex? To me reproductive rights implies the ability to determine whether a pregnancy will be carried to term. It should be the mother and the father's choice whether to bring a life into this world. As previously stated, an unwanted pregnancy can happen to those trying to be responsible.
    If you are a student of history and anthropology or the BIBLE, you will know, right or wrong, that infanticide has been occurring throughout human history. It is and has always been a consequence of the human condition.
    What if a law is passed outlawing abortion, but it would require every taxpayer earning over $X per year to adopt an orphaned child every three years? Are you good with that non-choice?
    Last edited by Hogg; 12-02-2021 at 03:23 PM. Reason: to add the BIBLE
    DILLIGAF

If you are for abortion, you must be for murder at any age. It's the same thing. So, if you're cool with killing unborn children, you should also be cool with someone else killing one of your family members because they pissed them off bad enough. It's virtually identical from a scientific and moral standpoint. No matter how much you try, there is no grey line on this one. It is clearly black and white

I'll never judge any one for their beliefs, but if you are for abortion in any sense, just admit it for what it is, which is murder of a human life.

[QUOTE=Hogg;29348 I think it is BS for men to make these decisions on behalf of women because we don't even understand what it is like to bleed every month or carry a child to term.[/QUOTE]

I agree. However women who are trying to get pregnant know pretty quickly they are pregnant so I don't by the not knowing until 20 weeks.

Personal accountability is gone And ultimately will be our downfall as a country.

Quote Originally Posted by centurian View Post
    I agree. However women who are trying to get pregnant know pretty quickly they are pregnant so I don't by the not knowing until 20 weeks.
    You need to go talk to some women about this precise issue.
    DILLIGAF

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    If you are for abortion, you must be for murder at any age. It's the same thing. So, if you're cool with killing unborn children, you should also be cool with someone else killing one of your family members because they pissed them off bad enough. It's virtually identical from a scientific and moral standpoint. No matter how much you try, there is no grey line on this one. It is clearly black and white

I'll never judge any one for their beliefs, but if you are for abortion in any sense, just admit it for what it is, which is murder of a human life.
    You ever hear of war?
    DILLIGAF

You need to go talk to some women about this precise issue.
    I have. If it takes 5 months for you to figure out you are pregnant you probably don't need to be duplicating yourself.

Have any of you considered the female perspective to the debate. 15 weeks or 16 weeks? Most women would not know they were pregnant until well after 20 weeks. What about those folks trying to be responsible by using birth control. It doesn't always work. Most women on birth control spot their drawers throughout the month. Then all of a sudden they realize they are pregnant well beyond 20 weeks.
    I think it is BS for men to make these decisions on behalf of women because we don't even understand what it is like to bleed every month or carry a child to term.
    Your sarcastic post is getting to the point of choice Big Brother. What do you mean when you say "reproductive rights"? The right to have sex and the right to abstain from sex? To me reproductive rights implies the ability to determine whether a pregnancy will be carried to term. It should be the mother and the father's choice whether to bring a life into this world. As previously stated, an unwanted pregnancy can happen to those trying to be responsible.
    If you are a student of history and anthropology, you will know, right or wrong, that infanticide has been occurring throughout human history. It is and has always been a consequence of the human condition.
    What if a law is passed outlawing abortion, but it would require every taxpayer earning over $X per year to adopt an orphaned child every three years? Are you good with that non-choice?

Ok, now we can start to get into some of the weeds. If you think that most women don't know that they are pregenante until well after 20 weeks you is crazy. You do realize that they would have had like four straight missed periods? Based on my friends (all having babies right now) I would average it out at around 10 wks. Alot figure out something is going on around 8 wks but I would say the average in my empirical world is 10 wks.

Then, I cannot stand the argument about 'were not women' blah blah blah.... Apply this argument to slavery. were the slaves supposed to just free themselves? No - a bunch of rich white doods saw a moral atrocity and decided to act on behalf of their fellow man. No different with abortion. I may be a man, but I know a morally effed up thing when I see it and I will do what I can to keep it from happening.

I'll just go ahead and put it out there so we can nip this in the bud. There is not a single argument out there (with what we know biologically) that can hold water at the end of the day in regard to being pro-abortion. At the end of the day, it is killing a human and we have a name for that...
    Formerly DM88

I am just calling a spade a spade. Humans have been killing humans since the day after we dropped a tail. Everyone that is so vehemently anti choice needs to step up to the plate and adopt a child as you so eloquently suggested in an earlier post. If you don't, you are hollow men not living up to your ideals. Otherwise, mind your own damned business whether someone wants to exercise their "reproductive rights."
    DILLIGAF

"a bunch of rich white doods saw a moral atrocity and decided to act on behalf of their fellow man"

Do you really think that is how slavery ended Dubs?
    DILLIGAF

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post

Talk to 'em, mang!
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

I am just calling a spade a spade. Humans have been killing humans since the day after we dropped a tail. Everyone that is so vehemently anti choice needs to step up to the plate and adopt a child as you so eloquently suggested in an earlier post. If you don't, you are hollow men not living up to your ideals. Otherwise, mind your own damned business whether someone wants to exercise their "reproductive rights."
    I am pro a lot of choices, abortion just isn't one of them. Also, your quote of my about adoption definitely isn't what I said...

If you walk out of the grocery store and see someone being held up and robbed, would you try to stop the robbery, help the victim and apprehend the thief?
    Formerly DM88

"a bunch of rich white doods saw a moral atrocity and decided to act on behalf of their fellow man"

Do you really think that is how slavery ended Dubs?
    In the western world, most certainly. It definitely wasn't the slaves who freed themselves and it wasn't the poor white people either - they weren't much better off than the slaves.
    Last edited by dubs; 12-02-2021 at 03:43 PM.
    Formerly DM88

It would all depend on who the victim is, how big the thief was, what kind of piece he had and whether I needed to take a dump at the moment.
    DILLIGAF

You’re rationalizing. There’s no need to do that. You’ve made it clear that you’re good to go with murdering children.