Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Listening to some of the abortion debate

Yes we are all sinners. And my story is very similar to what MM posted.

The difference is in recognizing sin and supporting sin.

I think it’s important to remember also that it’s not what OUR “opinion” on it is. It’s what God’s word is on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwaysvt View Post
    I think it’s important to remember also that it’s not what OUR “opinion” on it is. It’s what God’s word is on the matter.
    Not sure what land you are living in, but I would sure like a combo for the gate...

Yes we are all sinners. And my story is very similar to what MM posted.

The difference is in recognizing sin and supporting sin.
    SO Who should cast the first stone?

Not me?

I keep trying to make the point that if you recognize something as a sin, and still support it, that that is wrong.
    This is not based off my opinion.

Maybe I’m not explaining it well. But I am unmoved by any argument otherwise and have no hate in my heart for those that support or have had abortions.

I remember a similar thread from several years ago.

Fish obliged us with pictures of aborted fetuses.

It's not my place to judge. God will do that. I will not have my tax money allocated to it though.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Not me?

I keep trying to make the point that if you recognize something as a sin, and still support it, that that is wrong.
    This is not based off my opinion.

Maybe I’m not explaining it well. But I am unmoved by any argument otherwise and have no hate in my heart for those that support or have had abortions.
    As I said to on my first post, it is a non issue for me. I don't care if some others do or don't it makes no difference to me. I saw a probably fake poll (like most) that only 25% want to repeal RvsW.

Quote Originally Posted by centurian View Post
    SO Who should cast the first stone?
    Introduce Jesus to them. You don't have to cast a stone. It is my belief that the Holy Spirit reveals sin to people. That is how you come to Jesus anyway, you recognize your sin, the cost of it, and your need for a Savior.

Romans 1:18-end of chapter explains that right and wrong are written on the hearts of men. People harden themselves off to the guilt of doing wrong and start the spiral downward. I think, whether you believe the Bible or not, that the idea of people becoming increasingly morally corrupt over time is a very observable thing.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by WhitewaterDuck View Post
    You put a condom on the pecker or swallow a pill each morning or get an injection once a month or get an implant ever blue freaking moon…and all of that can be had for free if you are willing to fill out paperwork for less time than it takes to make a baby. But because YOU think there are too many people, you are implying that it’s ok to go have a surgical procedure to kill a human? Please clarify.
    I think that many people are not equipped to have children and never should. If they are irresponsible enough to not use birth control, but are self enlightened enough to know they are incapable of raising a child, abortion should be an option for that person. Outlawing abortions will place many children straight into a living hell. Mars Bluff says he would prefer to give the child a chance which is a fine sentiment, but in reality how much of a chance does a child have with 19 year old meth addicted parents living in a trailer smeared with shit?
    Adopting a child is a noble thing, but not all adoptions put the child into an ideal living environment.
    In short, there are too many humans on the planet so why roadblock abortions if it will prevent a child from being born into an unloving miserable situation.
    I am not knocking anyone's belief in their version of God or morality, but the cold hard truth of the human condition is that there are plenty of living children who probably wish they were not here right now because they are being abused. The Turpin kids in California may be doing better now, but can you imagine the hell they endured when their parents caged them up and starved them. That level of abuse just doesn't go away.
    DILLIGAF

I'm with that. I am not a bible thumper. I do not believe in pollution, i think to many people is what causes so called pollution. We need to drop about half the people living now for sustainability by what ever means. I guess you just have to hope you are one of those left. Not trying to be mean just a fact. Living is going to be tougher and lower quality as our population maxes out and crashes (and it will do both eventually).
    Last edited by centurian; 12-02-2021 at 12:19 PM.

I remember when we thought 2th was pregnant. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
    I think that many people are not equipped to have children and never should. If they are irresponsible enough to not use birth control, but are self enlightened enough to know they are incapable of raising a child, abortion should be an option for that person. Outlawing abortions will place many children straight into a living hell. Mars Bluff says he would prefer to give the child a chance which is a fine sentiment, but in reality how much of a chance does a child have with 19 year old meth addicted parents living in a trailer smeared with shit?
    Adopting a child is a noble thing, but not all adoptions put the child into an ideal living environment.
    In short, there are too many humans on the planet so why roadblock abortions if it will prevent a child from being born into an unloving miserable situation.
    I am not knocking anyone's belief in their version of God or morality, but the cold hard truth of the human condition is that there are plenty of living children who probably wish they were not here right now because they are being abused. The Turpin kids in California may be doing better now, but can you imagine the hell they endured when their parents caged them up and starved them. That level of abuse just doesn't go away.
    So by your example myself, my older sister, my 2 younger brothers all should just have been aborted. You logic behind killing a child because it may encounter some hardship is a logical fallacy. Plenty of kids are born into perfect homes and at some point have hardship. Your logic basiclly says just because they may have a hard life so they dont need a chance. I would say the 4 successful adults and the 7 kids between would disagree with you. Heck I know many kids from our days in foster care that would disagree with you.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Quote Originally Posted by darealdeal View Post
    So by your example myself, my older sister, my 2 younger brothers all should just have been aborted. You logic behind killing a child because it may encounter some hardship is a logical fallacy. Plenty of kids are born into perfect homes and at some point have hardship. Your logic basiclly says just because they may have a hard life so they dont need a chance. I would say the 4 successful adults and the 7 kids between would disagree with you. Heck I know many kids from our days in foster care that would disagree with you.
    I believe in miracles but they don't happen that often. I congratulate you and your siblings and most certainly respect your opinion and point of view. I am just a person who understands that I probably don't know shit.
    DILLIGAF

Quote Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
    I believe in miracles but they don't happen that often. I congratulate you and your siblings and most certainly respect your opinion and point of view. I am just a person who understands that I probably don't know shit.
    Hahaha yeah I wouldn't consider that a miracle. Just a chance and with that you can actually do something. Depriving an unborn child a chance is un-comprehensible but again that is my opinion.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Quote Originally Posted by coonsqualler01 View Post
    it was a challenging time in my life.
    thanks for remembering and being so thoughtful.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

This is an emotional issue for some but not for the majority of Americans. Maybe that is why we are in the shape we are in today.

Quote Originally Posted by centurian View Post
    This is an emotional issue for some but not for the majority of Americans. Maybe that is why we are in the shape we are in today.
    This I will agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by coonsqualler01 View Post
    This is a good post.

Heard what's his face on the radio today state that abortion is the 2nd leading cause of death in America. Wow! No wonder we are going to hell so quickly.

Logan's Run.