Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Listening to some of the abortion debate

someone can fact check this....but i heard that over 50% of the abortions were for moms that already had a child.
    stew on that for a minute....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
    Great post Dubs and it gets directly to my point. Children are born into extremely abusive situations every single day. Children are born into unfortunate situations every single day. It is one thing to sit in your armchair and pontificate about the sanctity of life. It is quite the other thing to step up and improve the lives of children who were not wanted to begin with and whose lives are not valued by their parents.
    I don't know if I can agree that my post gets directly to your point - maybe I/the other guys have misunderstood your post.

Based on your post above I'm assuming you believe in God? If you do, do you believe that God plays a role in the creation of a human life?
    Formerly DM88

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    someone can fact check this....but i heard that over 50% of the abortions were for moms that already had a child.
    And what percentage of those have the same daddy? I’ll say that’s a low number
    80-20 Genaration

it's either a life or it's not. pretty simple. the only debatable part is when does life begin and that's not very debatable imo unless you are narrative driven.
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

Its not "viable" inside the womb. Unless you run into them in a wreck & they lose it. Then Akeem will scream it was a million dolla bay'bee!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Odd how "Stop having sex until you get your self together" doesn't play into their decision making.
    I agree, and think that people today lack the personal responsibility of prior generations, but I don’t think abstinence and rational decision making in the presence of temptation are even possible for most of the human race, especially younger people. People are weak, and back when religion was law, there was a lot less unsupervised contact between men and unmarried women. Nowadays, people let high school kids drive off together in cars, for hours at a time, and then are surprised when they wind up pregnant.

For killing babies because “it’s inconvenient”.

Against killing adults actively trying to kill you because…reasons.

Leftism is a mental illness no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by billyjack View Post
    For killing babies because “it’s inconvenient”.

Against killing adults actively trying to kill you because…reasons.

Leftism is a mental illness no doubt.
    True. Self defense shootings should be re labeled and re classified as SUPER late term abortions then they'd be cool with it.

Just odd how someone can mindfuck themselves that way.

Worked with a chick from Europe. She aborted two babies because a test that doctors perform to detect birth defects, a test that throws false positives most of the time, indicated her babies might have birth defects.

Why the hell any real physician would even suggest performing a test that will likely throw a false result is baffling.

Why any person would trust such a test, much less use the results to determine if their child lives or dies, is also baffling.

I recall them offering it to us when my wife was pregnant. Our response was “what’s the point in doing the test if it isn’t reliable other than to make us sick with worry from the results?”
    Last edited by billyjack; 12-01-2021 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    True. Self defense shootings should be re labeled and re classified as SUPER late term abortions then they'd be cool with it.
    I'd be down with that me self! There's a lot of those running around that need snuffing out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    I'd be down with that me self! There's a lot of those running around that need snuffing out.
    This gets right to the point I was trying to make.
    DILLIGAF

Quote Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
    This gets right to the point I was trying to make.
    Yeah but at least give em a chance.

These fools will flip their shit to save a damn turtle egg but will toss a baby in the trash can like its an empty potato chip bag.

Had a friend that adopted a baby from an agency that allows the mothers to meet the family. About two years after they got the baby the mother called them back up and asked if they would like another. They prayed about it and decided to take the sibling. I'll bet you see where this is going...then got another call about a year later asking if they wanted another. They (ironically) decided they could not afford a third child so they declined. She never called again and would not return their calls. They have beat themselves up ever since thinking it might have been aborted. Let all that sink in. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

I can’t help but look it at from the perspective of an individual’s rights end where another individual’s rights begin. Mother and child both being individuals. I am of the opinion that only in the most severe of circumstances should the rights of one receive priority over other. Example: pregnancy that will result in death of either mother, child, or both…or long term adverse health affects of the same nature.

So if'n someone suggested that we cut the tubes after an abortion, I assume that'd be a big ol hell nah???

Cutting tubes is the most humane thing you can do for the unborn.
    DILLIGAF

If my wife was raped, or if her life was in danger due a pregnancy, I surly would want her to be able to make a choice on whether to terminate the pregnancy rather leave that decision to a politician in Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by CofC Waterfowler View Post
    If my wife was raped, or if her life was in danger due a pregnancy, I surly would want her to be able to make a choice on whether to terminate the pregnancy rather leave that decision to a politician in Washington.
    the medical emergency issue is significantly rare as in almost never. nonetheless it happens so needs to be addressed. that is a medical decision between doctor and patient. rape will terrible doesn't change the fact that it is a life (depending on when one believes life begins) or not. you are a lawyer, you know 2 wrongs don't make a right. moral relativism is the underlying issue in most pro abortion arguments.
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    So if she only killed 2 of her children instead of all 3 of them does she qualify her for a mother of the year award.
    Last edited by scatter shot; 12-01-2021 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drwilly View Post
    the medical emergency issue is significantly rare as in almost never. nonetheless it happens so needs to be addressed. that is a medical decision between doctor and patient. rape will terrible doesn't change the fact that it is a life (depending on when one believes life begins) or not. you are a lawyer, you know 2 wrongs don't make a right. moral relativism is the underlying issue in most pro abortion arguments.
    That’s where you lose me. If a woman is raped resulting in pregnancy she should have the choice to terminate the pregnancy. If my belief in that makes me a shitty person in some of yalls eyes well so be it. That would be 9 months of pure T hell. Being reminded every day that you were raped. Nope.

Time of the abortion does matter in that situation though.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 12-01-2021 at 06:44 PM.