Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Listening to some of the abortion debate

Default Listening to some of the abortion debate

Interesting how their arguments can also apply to the vax mandate

Do not understand the lust for killing babies. This day in time, if you get pregnant, it was meant to be or you are irresponsible. I understand the incest, rape etc. Never heard what percentage of abortions come from those.

More people is just what this world needs as if we haven't shit up the planet enough.
    DILLIGAF

^^^ that's a fucked up statement

Yeah, that was a pro-kill babies comment.

The incest/rape argument is a misdirection. I promise you, those children/people would absolutely prefer to live.

I have to be honest. It does seem hypocritical to claim my body my choice for a vaccine but not have the same view for a woman and a baby. I don’t want to get in a argument and that statement is not meant to be a reflection of my opinion on the matter.

What a statement there Hogg…

Last I heard is that rape/incest consisted of around 2% of total abortions.
    Last edited by Cwaysvt; 12-01-2021 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
    More people is just what this world needs as if we haven't shit up the planet enough.
    Plus, keeping abortion legal will help keep Heaven from winding up overpopulated...

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    I have to be honest. It does seem hypocritical to claim my body my choice for a vaccine but not have the same view for a woman and a baby. I don’t want to get in a argument and that statement is not meant to be a reflection of my opinion on the matter.
    I'm all for my body my choice. But killing a baby isn't about their body. It's about that kid's. Who speaks for them if we won't?

You want face tatts, cut your weener off, put washers in your nose and ears? Go for it. To take the life of something so precious and defenseless is straight up murder and in no way is about the mother body but her not wanting to accept responsibility for the life she helped create.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Plus, keeping abortion legal will help keep Heaven from winding up overpopulated...
    "We" only pray for those "WE" feel are worthy of it anyway so what does it matter?

I mean God's son only died for the cool kids, right?

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    IF you believe in fairy tales.
    DILLIGAF

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    ^^^ that's a fucked up statement
    I stand by it.
    If you believe the Creator made the Earth for man to be the steward of all other living things, you really need to be objective about how well we are doing at that job.
    DILLIGAF

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    Apples and oranges analogy brother. Pro abortionists that proclaim "my body, my choice" is completely missing the mark. I don't care what they do with their body, but I do care what they do to the baby that is living within their body.

The Demonrats and Progressives have taken the abortion rights thing way too far with the notion that abortion is okay all the way up to a full term delivery. This is evil as hell and must be stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'm all for my body my choice. But killing a baby isn't about their body. It's about that kid's. Who speaks for them if we won't?

You want face tatts, cut your weener off, put washers in your nose and ears? Go for it. To take the life of something so precious and defenseless is straight up murder and in no way is about the mother body but her not wanting to accept responsibility for the life she helped create.
    Amen.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post

Amen, brother.

As old Baptist preacher say, "that will preach" anytime anywhere.

The same pro-abortionist today would have advised Mary to abort Jesus.

How many great world change minds have been sucked out the womb?

Wife and I are as pro-baby, pro-mama, pro-life as we can be. That would be my one challenge to all of you who will come on here and talk all the talk about being pro-life. You need to also walk the walk.

There are mothers to be out there who for one reason or another (not going to throw any judgement on that part of the equation) find themselves in very desperate situations and need help, need to see that there are other options out there and that there are people willing to come along side them and help them.

You really want to be 'pro-life'? Find a pregnancy crisis center to start volunteering at or supporting them. Think about if you have the time, resources or ability to adopt or foster - don't? That's no problem, not everyone is meant to. But do everything you can to support those who do. Support organizations like Young Life who have their Young Lives Program sharing the Gospel, mentoring and helping teen moms and moms-to-be in your kids high schools. I guarantee you there are groups/non-profits working in your communities to try and help solve the problem of abortion, just do a little research on the old google.

This is where we as a group fail. Everyone loves to talk about how pro-life they are. A much smaller subset of people actually do something to help.

Heck it doesn't even have to do with babies, go volunteer at your local Boys and Girls Club to try and get kids on the right path so they don't find themselves in this situation in the first place. Its not rocket science and If you are sitting there thinking 'Oh I'm not cool enough, or I'm too old to relate to kids nowadays... blah blah blah' - nothing could be further from the truth. Kids in tough spots don't need you to be able to relate to them or to be their savior, they just need someone, anyone to be the one steady presence in their lives.

Rant over - back to work
    Last edited by dubs; 12-01-2021 at 01:17 PM.
    Formerly DM88

Here is what I came up with for this:

2019 Abortion Data

Age % of Abortions
    >15 0.20%
    15-19 8.70%
    20-24 27.80%
    25-29 29.30%
    30-34 29.40%
    35-39 10.80%
    40+ 3.70%

Race % of Abortions
    White 33.40%
    Black 38.40%
    Other 7.20%
    Hispanic 21.00%

Married % of Abortions
    Yes 14.50%
    No 85.50%
    Sources: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/...a1.htm#T3_down https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/...a1.htm#T4_down

I don't have time to find more current data for reasons why someone has one but this table from 2004 is telling. Source: https://www.guttmacher.org/sites/def...ll/3711005.pdf

Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 12.49.21 PM.png
    Last edited by Geetch; 12-01-2021 at 12:50 PM.

Great post Dubs and it gets directly to my point. Children are born into extremely abusive situations every single day. Children are born into unfortunate situations every single day. It is one thing to sit in your armchair and pontificate about the sanctity of life. It is quite the other thing to step up and improve the lives of children who were not wanted to begin with and whose lives are not valued by their parents.
    DILLIGAF

Quote Originally Posted by Geetch View Post
    Here is what I came up with for this:

2019 Abortion Data

Age % of Abortions
    >15 0.20%
    15-19 8.70%
    20-24 27.80%
    25-29 29.30%
    30-34 29.40%
    35-39 10.80%
    40+ 3.70%

Race % of Abortions
    White 33.40%
    Black 38.40%
    Other 7.20%
    Hispanic 21.00%

Married % of Abortions
    Yes 14.50%
    No 85.50%
    Sources: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/...a1.htm#T3_down https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/...a1.htm#T4_down

I don't have time to find more current data for reasons why someone has one but this table from 2004 is telling. Source: https://www.guttmacher.org/sites/def...ll/3711005.pdf

Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 12.49.21 PM.png
    Odd how "Stop having sex until you get your self together" doesn't play into their decision making.