Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Listening to some of the abortion debate

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    That’s where you lose me. If a woman is raped resulting in pregnancy she should have the choice to terminate the pregnancy. If my belief in that makes me a shitty person in some of yalls eyes well so be it. That would be 9 months of pure T hell. Being reminded every day that you were raped. Nope.

Time of the abortion does matter in that situation though.
    Can’t believe I’m posting in this thread, but I’ve always been of the same thought.

Rape, incest, significant health issues (mother is at risk of dying if pregnancy goes to term), and severely mentally handicapped child (I’m not talking autism, I mean basically vegetable state) all seem like common sense reasons where abortion is acceptable (in my opinion). I’m 100% against abortion for poor decisions, regret, and “inconvenience”.

I read a bumper sticker for this: "Every Abortion Supporter Was Once Born"

Just so we're all on the same page, in a lot of cases, these children will be born to people of limited means. However, there are a lot on the right that do their best to restrict monies to provide for some of these kids after they are born, but I assume that's not going to change.

Of course we all know that gals from the right families will still be able to get their situation "fixed" even if it is outlawed.

This is a non issue for me. I am not going to have an abortion, my wife is not going to have an abortion, and my kids are not going to have an abortion. What you do is your business. I am for population control. The US and Western Europe hav e been limiting population for 25 years or more. The third world however has a major population problem along with many of the new immigrants. Why would you create more children than you can feed, cloth, and educate. There are many methods of birth control that can be used in place of abortion. It’s just not my deal.

24 days before Christmas…

3 pages deep and not one mention of the question.
    Does God create life or does humanity create life?

(If you said humanity, is test tube creation equivalent to Godliness?)

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

It’s still murder no matter what spin you out on it.

Protecting the unborn IS the Godly thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwaysvt View Post
    It’s still murder no matter what spin you out on it.

Protecting the unborn IS the Godly thing to do.
    God gave you free will. One will pay for their sins. I will not pay for yours nor you for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleSprig View Post
    24 days before Christmas…

3 pages deep and not one mention of the question.
    Does God create life or does humanity create life?

(If you said humanity, is test tube creation equivalent to Godliness?)
    The question was posed, it was just never answered....
    Formerly DM88

Anyone that believes in God and is ok with abortion needs a reality check.
    Aside from the religious issue everyone that has had an abortion believes it is nothing more than a bundle of cells because that is what they are told. Just as a few on here will say rape is an acceptable reason to have an abortion. I am not of that mindset. You can add the numbers for abortions from all of the worst case scenarios and it's still less than 1% of all abortions. The worst thing you can do in a sad situation like that is create another by killing a child.
    Health and illness is another issue an should not be classified as an abortion as it's a choice made between and husband and wife the two responsible. As my wife and I had this conversation before going into both C-sections. That if something was to go wrong what to do and what choice to make.
    Anyone and I mean anyone in their right state of mind can not in good conscience kill an unborn child. If you need any convincing of that. Do some research and actually look at the stages of development and see what the do To abort a child at different stages. If you can look at a child and still think that is anyway justifiable.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Just incase some don't know.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Quote Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
    More people is just what this world needs as if we haven't shit up the planet enough.
    You put a condom on the pecker or swallow a pill each morning or get an injection once a month or get an implant ever blue freaking moon…and all of that can be had for free if you are willing to fill out paperwork for less time than it takes to make a baby. But because YOU think there are too many people, you are implying that it’s ok to go have a surgical procedure to kill a human? Please clarify.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Quote Originally Posted by darealdeal View Post
    Anyone that believes in God and is ok with abortion needs a reality check.
    Aside from the religious issue everyone that has had an abortion believes it is nothing more than a bundle of cells because that is what they are told. Just as a few on here will say rape is an acceptable reason to have an abortion. I am not of that mindset. You can add the numbers for abortions from all of the worst case scenarios and it's still less than 1% of all abortions. The worst thing you can do in a sad situation like that is create another by killing a child.
    Health and illness is another issue an should not be classified as an abortion as it's a choice made between and husband and wife the two responsible. As my wife and I had this conversation before going into both C-sections. That if something was to go wrong what to do and what choice to make.
    Anyone and I mean anyone in their right state of mind can not in good conscience kill an unborn child. If you need any convincing of that. Do some research and actually look at the stages of development and see what the do To abort a child at different stages. If you can look at a child and still think that is anyway justifiable.
    I'm with you on every single word
    All Men are self made, but, only the successful ones admit it!

2thDoc "because nothing matters till the games are played and clemson people have enjoyed success and know how to deal with it.

any other stupid questions?"......Classic!

CP#96743

I agree as well with darealdeal. All the justifications for abortion are just different levels of inconvenience. From having to feed or pay to care for a child to the very pinnacle of inconvenience, the cruel burden of carrying and delivering a baby that was created by rape. But deciding that taking a baby’s life is justified in the case of rape is deciding there exists a level of inconvenience which to avoid you would sell your soul.

I can’t judge a person for getting an abortion. I’m not condoning it, but I can’t judge them. I’ve been a selfish person lots of times. I know I’ve hurt other people to benefit myself. I’ve had careless sex at way to young of an age with women I haven’t spoken to since. Heck, I may be responsible for an abortion and not even know it.

The people who are wrestling with the idea of abortion need Jesus. That’s what fixes this problem. And I love what someone has already said before about stepping up and supporting these women and children. As Christians, we should be stepping up to this task. I understand that not everyone can adopt, but you can help support someone who feels led to. There’s lots of ways to do good in this area. Judging them for the decision they are facing ain’t one of them.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

There's a lot of grey area regarding circumstances and hypothetical scenarios. And I get all that. But from a Christian standpoint and your "stance" or "opinion" on abortion,,,there is a line in the sand drawn.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by centurian View Post
    God gave you free will. One will pay for their sins. I will not pay for yours nor you for mine.
    Ah but you do recognize it is a sin.

Quote Originally Posted by dubs View Post
    The question was posed, it was just never answered....
    is there an answer?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

for those that want to support a group that is actively saving lives right behind my office, check out "A Moment of Hope."

good people doing God's work.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    for those that want to support a group that is actively saving lives right behind my office, check out "A Moment of Hope."

good people doing God's work.
    There is another great one in Florence that offers Christian counseling and support regardless of what choice the woman makes. I can get contact info to anyone who is interested.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by Cwaysvt View Post
    Ah but you do recognize it is a sin.
    Yeh so is promiscuous sex but to sin is human. I am not responsible for your soul. I do hope for the best in all. You cannot legislate morals.