Thread: cuddeback cellular trail camera review

Default cuddeback cellular trail camera review

Cuddelink seems to be a pretty cool way to save a ton of money on cellular cameras as long as you are using them on the same piece of property. Does anyone use them or have any actual experience with them?
    For nothing will be impossible with CHRIST Luke 1:37

I have/had the cuddeback and cuddelink system. I sent 3 of 4 cameras back in first few months. They are JUNK!

I still have them and don’t put into use

I used them, sold my land and sold them.

They work but are hell on batteries. Manage your settings closely. Pretty easy to set up.

I don't remember how many cameras I had but likely a dozen or so. Their range is decent. On the mid to low end in thick planted pines. Picture quality is good.

70993311_10157706253979766_2119456186074923008_n.jpeg

I run 10 of them now and like them. They do like batteries. I've upgraded all of mine from AA's to D's. They use to make a 6 D back and now only a 4 D back but you can get and 8 D external pack to hook with them as well. It's all in the settings to how often you burn through batteries. I'm reaching 160 days on 6 D's in some instances and my home camera which runs 6 D plus and external of 8 D's is pushing almost a year. Buy quality batteries. I run Pro Cell and Rayovac Pro. They work as the should but if you are in dense forest or big hills or mountainous terrain you'll be upset with the signal reach. You can always buy range extenders though. They are expensive to get into, but I'm running 10 cell camera and only paying $16/month.

There is wealth of information here.... https://habitat-talk.com/index.php?t...version.11730/

John is an engineer for Cuddeback and can walk you through anything.

There was a huge firmware update a couple years ago that fixed many of the issues most people had the system.

This is something you'll want to read the book on.

Video will only email you from the home camera. Video is to big of a file to send over RF from cam to cam.

The instant notification with surveillance mode was helpful for me also.

I didn't buy mine for deer...it started out as putting them on traps so I didn't have to drive an hour to check yote traps all the time. But now they are in the fields and trails year around and I'll move them to the traps after deer season.
    Last edited by reeltight; 11-30-2021 at 03:04 PM.

Thanks for the insight
    For nothing will be impossible with CHRIST Luke 1:37