Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Venables....

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Davey O’Brien Award Semifinalist … named national freshman of the year by CBS Sports … became second OU quarterback to be named an FWAA Freshman All-American (Sam Bradford) ... a first-team AP All-Big 12 selection and the organization's co-Big 12 newcomer of the year … an Academic All-Big 12 First Team honoree … started all 11 games … completed 214 of 317 pass attempts for 3,031 yards and 28 touchdowns with seven interceptions … rushed 81 times for 160 yards and six TDs … his six rushing TDs were the most by an OU freshman QB since Blake Bell had 13 in 2011 ... passed for at least 200 yards in 10 games and for at least two TDs in nine contests … had 15 touchdown passes and just two interceptions in last seven games … his 92.5 passing grade by PFF ranked third nationally (behind BYU's Zach Wilson and Heisman finalist Mac Jones of Alabama) ... ranked by PFF as nation's 13th-best player regardless of position ... led nation's freshmen in passing touchdowns, passing offense (275.5 ypg) and total offense (290.1 ypg) … among all players who played at least six games, ranked eighth in passing TDs, ninth in yards per pass attempt (9.6), 10th in pass efficiency rating (172.6), 14th in completion percentage (67.5), 15th in passing offense and 16th in yards per completion (14.2) … completed 14 of 23 passes for 247 yards and three touchdowns, and rushed seven times for 40 yards and a score in Cotton Bowl win over No. 10 Florida (12/30) ... named Most Outstanding Player of Big 12 Championship after completing 22 of 34 passes for 272 yards and a touchdown and rushing for a 9-yard score in win over No. 8 Iowa State (12/19) … accounted for five touchdowns (four passing, one rushing) in win over No. 14 Oklahoma State (11/21) … completed 17 of 24 passes (71%) for 301 yards, four TDs and no interceptions (good for his second-best passer rating of the season [231.2]) and rushed for a 9-yard score against OSU … named Davey O’Brien QB of the Week, Big 12 Offensive Player of the Week and Big 12 Newcomer of the Week following his performance vs. the Cowboys … registered 212 yards on 15 of 27 passing and a TD and rushed for a score in just over one half of play vs. Kansas (11/7) … completed 21 of 30 passes for 288 yards and two touchdowns as Sooners mounted six consecutive scoring drives at Texas Tech (10/31) … threw for 332 yards and two TDs (including a 61-yarder) on 13 of 22 passing at TCU (10/24) … completed 23 of 35 passes for 209 yards and three TDs and rushed for a career-high 51 yards and a score on 14 carries in quadruple-overtime win over No. 22 Texas (10/10) … was 15 of 22 for 135 yards and two TDs after halftime against the Longhorns … completed 25 of 36 passes for 300 yards and two TDs and rushed for 20 yards and a score at Iowa State (10/3) … posted career highs of 30 completions, 41 attempts, 387 yards and four touchdowns vs. Kansas State (9/26) … completed 14 of 17 passes for 290 yards and four touchdowns vs. Missouri State (9/12) in first career start … became first Oklahoma freshman quarterback to throw four touchdown passes in first start … also set OU freshman records for passing efficiency rating (303.3), yards per completion (23.7) and yards per attempt (17.1) vs. MSU … his passing efficiency rating vs. Missouri State set a Big 12 freshman record and rated as the third highest in school history regardless of class.

What a difference a year makes...

Year School Conf Class Pos G Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
    2020 Clemson ACC FR QB 9 78 117 66.7 914 7.8 8.7 5 0 146.4
    2021 Clemson ACC SO QB 12 187 342 54.7 2059 6.0 5.5 9 8 109.3

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    So what exactly are the specifics on this rattler kid. I have not been able to find anything. Someone in the know divulge the info.
    Watch QB1, I believe it’s called, on Netflix then watch the game he got replaced in, TX I believe it was, and make up you’re own mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I'm not sure he wants to be a HC. He's got it pretty dang good right now and everything is in place for him to continue on as long as he wants to. Some folks are smart enough to recognize that a big salary and all that pressure that comes with it doesn't equate to being successful.
    That is inconsistent with what I have read. Of course I don’t have personal information, but it’s been repeatedly stated by the writers on TI that Venables wants to be a head coach.
    Carolina Counsel

I think it’s funny that all y’all Cock lovers want him gone so bad. Every year, same old thing. And every year he comes back and embarrasses y’all again. One day he will be a head coach. But not any time soon. He will take over for Dabo in a few years when he retires.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

He may go........Oklahoma is one of the largest meth producing states in the country
    Oh and another Climp5in LB just entered the portal, stated he "didn't come here to play in the "Frank's Car Wash Bowl" and was leaving.
    Glad to see you're still the community dumbass.
    :FYT:

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    That is inconsistent with what I have read. Of course I don’t have personal information, but it’s been repeatedly stated by the writers on TI that Venables wants to be a head coach.
    Those guys are also the same ones who write about how good Usureareadisappointment is.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Dude made $2.4 million last year. Ties for the highest paid assistant. If he leaves it ain't about the $$. I don't see him going anywhere until all his kids are through school which includes his two young daughters.
    Last edited by fro; 11-30-2021 at 07:58 PM.
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Bullshit. It’s always about the money.

How long can you trick an AD? Salaries for head coaches are unbelievable. How does Brian Kelly’s Defensive coordinator effect Vernables pay? If Kelly wants to say he has the highest paid DC.

The picture means nothing. Look at Kelly and Riley’s pressers last week. Hell, Saban when he was with the dolphins. Just know that Jimmy Sexton is The Man

And the Rattler kid……..cool name. Victim of a 24/7 star rating that wasn’t worthy. I am a Georgia fan, I know all about these things.
    Last edited by SCDAWG; 11-30-2021 at 08:44 PM.

I don't blame him
    Screenshot_20211130-205357.jpg

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ECUPirate View Post
    THIS
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by ECUPirate View Post
    may have been until a few minutes ago
    #cabletheif

He may go........Oklahoma is one of the largest meth producing states in the country
    Oh and another Climp5in LB just entered the portal, stated he "didn't come here to play in the "Frank's Car Wash Bowl" and was leaving.

The LB is predicted to be going to Vandy. Not exactly competing for bowl bids on an annual basis, so roughly the equivalent of transferring to USofC, but with much better academics.
    Last edited by JBtflo; 12-01-2021 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Watch QB1, I believe it’s called, on Netflix then watch the game he got replaced in, TX I believe it was, and make up you’re own mind.

Saw that but have not watched it

Thanks for heads up, will check it out this weekend

may have been until a few minutes ago
    #cabletheif

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Burreaux beat the hell outta Clem, that’s why he’s a douche canoe to these folks

That I agree but he was/is one hell of a QB No doubt about that

Bitch slapped us

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    I don't blame him
    Screenshot_20211130-205357.jpg

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

WOW

He will have USC back in top 5 every year. Way too much talent in So Cal to be mediocre at best.

Really , slap in the face for 2 top rate QB’s to leave So Cal to come to Bama & Clemson.

My guess that recruiting spot just slammed the door shut on the rest of college football.

Rest of PAC 12 will try to get USC to move to SEC LOL
    Last edited by tprice; 12-01-2021 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    WOW

He will have USC back in top 5 every year. Way too much talent in So Cal to be mediocre at best.

Really , slap in the face for 2 top rate QB’s to leave So Cal to come to Bama & Clemson.

My guess that recruiting spot just slammed the door shut on the rest of college football.

Rest of PAC 12 will try to get USC to move to SEC LOL
    He can have the one from Clemson back right now.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    He can have the one from Clemson back right now.
    I’ll pay the freight to ship him back.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.