Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Venables....

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    If that’s all “we” have, what do “y’all” have?
    the same type "cheesey" bowl game you do

The term clemsoning being used to describe the Big 12 Championship game.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    the same type "cheesey" bowl game you do
    And a shutout in your house
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

CLINTON, S.C. —
    Presbyterian College is launching a nationwide search for its next head football coach after Kevin Kelley informed the administration that he is stepping down from leading the program for personal reasons.

Director of Athletics Rob Acunto thanked Kelley for his contributions during the past year. Kelley joined PC in spring 2021.

“Although disappointed that he is leaving PC, we respect his decision to step down and wish him nothing but the best moving forward,” Acunto said.

Acunto, who is working closely with the president on next steps for the program, said PC will engage a national search firm to build a strong candidate pool. PC will provide an update once the search for a new coach concludes.

President vandenBerg acknowledged the football program has undergone significant transition the past few years.

“Change can be difficult, but it can also present important opportunities for growth and continued improvement,” vandenBerg said. “Our PC community is resolutely and passionately committed to the success of our student athletes and our football program. We will invest the time, energy and resources required to continue to build on our championship culture. We believe our best days as a football program and a college are ahead of us.”

E.G. Lassiter, chairman of the Board of Trustees for Presbyterian College, said he is grateful for vandenBerg’s and Acunto’s steady leadership.

“I see Matt and Rob working tirelessly every day in service of all of our student athletes and athletics programs,” Lassiter said. “They are committed to success both on and off the field.”

Kelley, the program’s 16th head coach and fourth since the school's move to NCAA Division I in 2007, joined PC after spending the last 18 seasons as head coach of Pulaski Academy in Little Rock, Ark.

https://www.wyff4.com/article/presby...eason/38429676

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    And a shutout in your house
    I’ve asked them to name a bowl better than the Cheez It’s or Gator that u of sc has EVER played in and I’ve yet to get a response. Wonder why?

Looks like Venables is heading west and picking up Lebby in Oxford along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ1012 View Post
    Looks like Venables is heading west and picking up Lebby in Oxford along the way.

Yep

Coach V will be great in Norman.

Wishing him the best and THANKS for all he did at Clemson (if this is accurate )

What’s funny is that some of y’all think that Clemson’s going to fall apart if he leaves. It’s been a matter of time since he got there, do you not realize that there’s a plan in place and has been for quite a while.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    What’s funny is that some of y’all think that Clemson’s going to fall apart if he leaves. It’s been a matter of time since he got there, do you not realize that there’s a plan in place and has been for quite a while.
    What plan did they use to finish 3rd in the acc Atlantic?

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    What plan did they use to finish 3rd in the acc Atlantic?

That one's easy, Uaren'tagoodQB coupled with Tony "The Unimaginative OC" Elliott.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    If Clemson is like Alabama, it won’t fall apart. Saban has coaches leaving ever year it seems.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Gonna be a lot of people in this thread eating crow.

Right, the fact that The Venables stayed at Clemson for a decade is the most surprising thing and we are thankful for every year he was here. Time for Dabo to earn his money.
    Last edited by Chasbeau1; 12-05-2021 at 11:01 AM.

Clemson fans should be ecstatic and coots should be fearful of Clemson finally getting a decent dc.

I won’t go look for all the “wisdom” from the usual suspects about a fired co-dc that would never make it because big 12 didn’t play defense anyway.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Clemson was never going to recover from Chad Morris leaving.

Dabo should give ole chad a call and see if he is tired of HS football yet.

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    If Clemson is like Alabama, it won’t fall apart. Saban has coaches leaving ever year it seems.
    Yeah, and the Tates have long prided themselves on being able to keep their DC and both OC's throughout this entire run. We about to see what's what fuh sho'.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    Clemson was never going to recover from Chad Morris leaving.
    I remember that.

It looks like by Monday Clemson will be looking for two coordinators and an AD. I think Elliott leaving is a good thing for both parties, but I do appreciate him sticking with the run over the last two games.

Venables has been the best coordinator in football over the last ten years, and I hope he does well at Oklahoma. When a top 10 job calls, its time to go.

DRad got his masters in Miami, and met his wife there. He has always wanted to end his career there, and they are doubling his salary. Clemson already employs his replacement.

A lot of change coming to the upstate. I hope Swinney hires Joe Brady from the Panthers to run the O, but I suspect he already knows who he will target.
    Last edited by trkykilr; 12-05-2021 at 01:39 PM.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands