Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Venables....

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    It looks like by Monday Clemson will be looking for two coordinators and an AD. I think Elliott leaving is a good thing for both parties, but I do appreciate him sticking with the run over the last two games.

Venables has been the best coordinator in football over the last ten years, and I hope he does well at Oklahoma. When a top 10 job calls, its time to go.

DRad got his masters in Miami, and met his wife there. He has always wanted to end his career there, and they are doubling his salary. Clemson already employs his replacement.

A lot of change coming to the upstate. I hope Swinney hires Joe Brady from the Panthers to run the O, but I suspect he already knows who he will target.
    I predict he promotes Todd bates and Brandon streeter to DC and OC. But that’s just a guess.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 12-05-2021 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    If Clemson is like Alabama, it won’t fall apart. Saban has coaches leaving ever year it seems.
    But Dumbo ain't Saban.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    I predict he promotes Todd bates and Brandon streeter to DC and OC. But that’s just a guess.
    Marion hobby to dc I predict. But yes on Streeter.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Bouleware and Spiller.

That's funny but not funny at the same time.

They are leaving because of Dabos ineptitude
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Absolutely. Dabo is inept, and they know it. Not a thing to do with it being to Oklahoma job and the chance for Elliott to be a head coach.

This is ECU’s post to make, but you are supposed to be a tad better than this.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

What? He hired them both when neither were highly sought after. I think Elliott was at Furman and VB had been demoted at OK. BV is top shelf and Clemson can only hope to get close to his level with the next hire. They are both getting paid and good for them. TE isn’t a done deal but likely will be. Streeter won’t be a step back. Need a high end QB coach.

They both could have left years ago. Their stock will never be higher than it is right now, except for last year maybe. When you head honcho makes a team full of 5 stars look like an average team in a crappy conference then you will only look as good as your team does. Vulnerables wasn't going down with that ship
    Last edited by TheVisorGuy; 12-05-2021 at 07:20 PM.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Will he be coaching in the bowl game?
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

No.

Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

They both could have left years ago. Their stock will never be higher than it is right now, except for last year maybe. When you head honcho makes a team full of 5 stars look like an average team in a crappy conference then you will only look as good as your team does. Vulnerables wasn't going down with that ship
    FACT
    Pure business sense, they are bailing while they can get a premium
    Sinking shit ship in a sewage lagoon
    "Mayday" "Mayday" I repeat "Mayday, this is the SS Dingleberry and we are taking on shit water.
    Last edited by ecu1984; 12-05-2021 at 08:48 PM.

Annie Hanson

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 12-05-2021 at 09:27 PM.

If I were you coot fans I’d be focused on not losing to another ACC team in your Mayo Bowl. I logged in just to read a couple DA comments and of course you delivered.

No person in their right mind turns down Oklahoma. Just for perspective, Oklahoma hired a Clemson assistant to be their head coach. I never thought I’d live to see the day. Dabo has to earn his money replacing BV but he was smart enough to bring him here so I’m assuming he’s smart enough to replace him. Wonder why they didn’t want Beamer back?

Quote Originally Posted by UPSTATEWATERFOWLER View Post
    If I were you coot fans I’d be focused on not losing to another ACC team in your Mayo Bowl. I logged in just to read a couple DA comments and of course you delivered.

No person in their right mind turns down Oklahoma. Just for perspective, Oklahoma hired a Clemson assistant to be their head coach. I never thought I’d live to see the day. Dabo has to earn his money replacing BV but he was smart enough to bring him here so I’m assuming he’s smart enough to replace him. Wonder why they didn’t want Beamer back?
    Dabo’s already got the DC and OC he wants. These mouthbreathers don’t realize that these things are only shocking or sudden to us. They’ve had plans in place for years. The defense could step back, might be status quo. The offense needs new blood throughout the coaching staff and a new QB. I hope Ugottago is entering the TP.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

So it may be a "step back" from the current "step back"?
    I wish I weren't too lazy to look up all the DA posts you delusional fools
    made about "Vulnerables would not leave for another college job anywhere because of what he is paid, how great he has it made here,
    how great the recruiting is, how his kids are so happy playing here, blah blah blah and more blah blah blah.
    I suppose he had enough sense to see the writing on the wall
    #spinawaythough
    Last edited by ecu1984; 12-06-2021 at 01:01 AM.

Poof he gone. Never would have thought it was this year. But how many chances would he get to be the HC at Oklahoma. Can't blame him one bit!

Now, I really really hope Tonny Elliot takes the chance and leaves also.

Tigers will be just fine & the Coots will still suck....
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    What’s funny is that some of y’all think that Clemson’s going to fall apart if he leaves. It’s been a matter of time since he got there, do you not realize that there’s a plan in place and has been for quite a while.

Oh yea, I am sure Dabo is ready for this. Hell surprised it took this long but I am sure he was waiting for the “perfect opportunity “

Saban has OC/DC’s come and go like the wind blows as does any good program. Never really seems to phase him but first to admit that is an entirely different program

First to admit I truly hate to see him leave, love his intensity and it is second to none

But a man has got to look after himself and his family, this will be a “generational family money” contract he will get in Norman