Thread: Sticking it to the man

Default Sticking it to the man

Can't remember which cattleman on here made mention of the Four horsemen of the Meat processing apocalypse That will routinely collude to lower market prices to shut competitors down. Saw the article below and gave me a little hope.

US cattle ranchers raise 300 million to build their own meat processing plant to subvert the 4 powerful Companies that control US beef.

https://thefreethoughtproject.com/as...Tv6YPU4qaDgpko
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

That is good news- breaking up the monopoly.

Chinese own the pork and Vietnamese are getting the chicken market. Glad these guys are trying

I think the key to this is going to be local producers and processors. Buy a beef on the hoof like a co-op with 1-2 other families, have it processed and split the cost bypassing all that other mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I think the key to this is going to be local producers and processors. Buy a beef on the hoof like a co-op with 1-2 other families, have it processed and split the cost bypassing all that other mess.
    I wish it would all go to that. If I knew enough about raising animals, I would try to start one. With the right marketing, I really think it would do very well in today's atmosphere.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Many things need to head in that direction, G. Watch for laws that impede it, like the livestock tax we keep hearing about to the outright ban on vegetable seeds by the Michigan Governor in 2020.

Country folk can survive...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Many things need to head in that direction, G. Watch for laws that impede it, like the livestock tax we keep hearing about to the outright ban on vegetable seeds by the Michigan Governor in 2020.

Just loot it. Instead of Jordans and TV's...get some seeds.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Just loot it. Instead of Jordans and TV's...get some seeds.
    Is it bad that I just thought the same thing before reading this post from BB?

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post

That looks like the old Sunday blue law days in this fine state...