Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Instigator's Maiden Voyage

Quote Originally Posted by jasonw View Post
    the Rhodan anchor
    The chart, I understand. It's this part I was not tracking, but google has me in line now. Need one of those that is integrated into the sonar so it can follow a school of shad around...

Nice boat BB! Congrats

Nice

Good stuff....The only bad thing about a freeman that I can figure, you spend a mil, and still gotta shit in a bucket.........
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Congrats on the boat and box full of fine eating

Basically means that the wave conditions were very crappy. We never saw another boat all day. Wind was 22+knts the day before, and 15-17knts when we left the dock. 4 footers (WVHT) at 5 seconds (APD) is a very steep chop that most people would not bottom fish in. My 6 year old fell asleep in that on the way out and the Rhodan anchor held the boat all day (once we figured it out). It's a game changer. Wind died out after lunch time, and it laid down a little in the afternoon, but still fairly sloppy.
    Good job on the maiden voyage. Y'all got me wanting to get my RD on and fish. I talked to Rhodan and they are supposed to have the integration software out in late December or January that pairs it up with the head units.

Scott's tan seems to be holding well.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

You appropriately named your boat.

Basically means that the wave conditions were very crappy. We never saw another boat all day. Wind was 22+knts the day before, and 15-17knts when we left the dock. 4 footers (WVHT) at 5 seconds (APD) is a very steep chop that most people would not bottom fish in.
    Gross. My back just spasmed thinking about that.

Glad to hear Bart let you ride in his boat. He's a swell guy.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Nice trip! Too rough to follow bubbles? Or too many white sharks around?

The only one that I know for a fact that I was in the water with, was this week 9 years ago.
    Last edited by scdiver; 11-29-2021 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Left outta St. Johns Marina about 8:00 Saturday morning. Ran out at around 45 MPH and caught the usual bottom suspects, including a nearly-20# grouper. Snapper were thick, even though they're endangered. Ran back in at 55MPH and hit a top speed of 68 with 6 grown men and a full tank. Nice first trip. Sorry for the life-sized pictures. The end.

Attachment 70818Attachment 70819Attachment 70820

This is the first thing that came to mind

FD5D88B9-37CE-4288-B3C7-255F91260E90.jpg
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Good on ya and those boats have impressed me every time I've been on one. Congratulations

So I thought you said there were two Rhodans

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    The chart, I understand. It's this part I was not tracking, but google has me in line now. Need one of those that is integrated into the sonar so it can follow a school of shad around...
    They have that type of sonar on sporties now, at least all the ones that seriously tournament fish. Gives me distance to amd bearing of individual fish 360 degrees around the boat, not just in a cone below it. Glitter boat guys have it too just can’t extend out as far. That is a game changer for sure.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by scdiver View Post
    Nice trip! Too rough to follow bubbles? Or too many white sharks around?

The only one that I know for a fact that I was in the water with, was this week 9 years ago.
    Limited on time and comfort. Haven't tank dove in 2 years maybe (only freediving in the Bahamas and Keys). Have all new dive gear that I need to get used to before I jump into those sort of conditions. For my first time getting back into the water, I wanted some layup conditions until I'm 100% comfy again. Also, new boat, new electronics, rough day, new crew, kids on board, etc. We left late to give the ocean some time to lay down just a little which limited our time factor too. Oh, and it was 39 degrees early on. With all that going on, just too many variables to make for a safe\relaxing dive day. Hell, we don't even know what all of the levers and valves do on the boat yet.

Just trying to keep it simple until we learn BB's new boat!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Duck View Post
    They have that type of sonar on sporties now, at least all the ones that seriously tournament fish. Gives me distance to amd bearing of individual fish 360 degrees around the boat, not just in a cone below it. Glitter boat guys have it too just can’t extend out as far. That is a game changer for sure.
    This new boat has the Garmin side scan as well, but haven't practiced too much with it yet. Supposedly it has the ability to see bait balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Good job on the maiden voyage. Y'all got me wanting to get my RD on and fish. I talked to Rhodan and they are supposed to have the integration software out in late December or January that pairs it up with the head units.

Scott's tan seems to be holding well.
    Yes, that's interesting. It's still much better than traditional anchor. You just pull up to the spot, throw it over and push the "A" button. Then it just sticks you there. Much easier to fish very small spots. Anchoring with traditional gear is an art. It can also be a pain in the ass on certain days. Later in the day the current and waves were in opposite directions and the Rhodan held us stern into the waves. It never felt sketchy, but was interesting to see that. Days like that where waves, current, and wind are not aligned make anchoring a bit trickier.

I've got small wrecks in 250', and stuff out deeper that I never thought about fishing before now. All of that just opened up.

Nice boat!

You know Bart is a baller when he has a new boat and fishes in a button up shirt and it doesn't appear to be a cheap Columbia shirt either.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Yes, that's interesting. It's still much better than traditional anchor. You just pull up to the spot, throw it over and push the "A" button. Then it just sticks you there. Much easier to fish very small spots. Anchoring with traditional gear is an art. It can also be a pain in the ass on certain days. Later in the day the current and waves were in opposite directions and the Rhodan held us stern into the waves. It never felt sketchy, but was interesting to see that. Days like that where waves, current, and wind are not aligned make anchoring a bit trickier.

I've got small wrecks in 250', and stuff out deeper that I never thought about fishing before now. All of that just opened up.
    That sounds like they have it dialed in. Congrats again on new sled.

Post some more trips when y'all get out again.

Tier 1 ?
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.