Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Youth 20 gauge Duck Shells

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Green Pond SC
    Posts
    1,335

    Default Youth 20 gauge Duck Shells

    What is the brain trust consensus on kids shells? I have been shooting exclusively a 20gauge for years and have come to like the Boss and Apex shells, but think this is not a good option for my boys that are 10 and 7. Even though they each can shoot (both killed 10 doves on a hunt Friday), I am thinking of duck shells and like the idea of the 2 3-4” Boss #5s,
    But they seem to be like unicorns with respect to locating any or similar shells.
    What do you fellas with kids have them shoot?
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,276

    Default

    Cheap 3” 4s and go keep shooting ducks

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    united states of america
    Posts
    19,658

    Default

    Doesn't matter. Can't find any anywhere

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Northwestern SC
    Posts
    3,039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Pride View Post
    What is the brain trust consensus on kids shells? I have been shooting exclusively a 20gauge for years and have come to like the Boss and Apex shells, but think this is not a good option for my boys that are 10 and 7. Even though they each can shoot (both killed 10 doves on a hunt Friday), I am thinking of duck shells and like the idea of the 2 3-4” Boss #5s,
    But they seem to be like unicorns with respect to locating any or similar shells.
    What do you fellas with kids have them shoot?

    Go on boss shells site. Click buy. They’ll be sold out but get on their email list from there. When you get an email saying back in stock buy them ASAP. I did that a month ago. The shell I wanted was back in stock within 7-10 days
    Go Tigers!!!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Newberry Co.
    Posts
    2,200

    Default

    You buy what you can find these days, preferences be damned.
    "Luck is where opportunity and preparation meet."

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Green Pond SC
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Did that too …

    Agreed on what you can find, it just may not be optimum
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Cooper
    Posts
    1,684

    Default

    My son loves the boss shells I ordered him this year for his 20g. The mailing list tip is good & checking site at 10 each morning.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Salt
    Posts
    3,410

    Default

    I spoke with Boss the other day, they will not be making the 2 3/4 shells this year, and doubt they will continue.
    I found some kent bismuth 2 3/4
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Columbia
    Posts
    1,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    I spoke with Boss the other day, they will not be making the 2 3/4 shells this year, and doubt they will continue.
    I found some kent bismuth 2 3/4
    That seems odd. I thought a lot of their marketing was to make shells you could shoot in older guns


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by codeman216 View Post
    That seems odd. I thought a lot of their marketing was to make shells you could shoot in older guns


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I could be wrong but I think he is just referring to the 2 3/4" 20 gauge shells. They are still making the 2 3/4" 12 gauge shells

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Salt
    Posts
    3,410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quack07 View Post
    I could be wrong but I think he is just referring to the 2 3/4" 20 gauge shells. They are still making the 2 3/4" 12 gauge shells
    correct, they said just the 2 3/4 20ga.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Columbia
    Posts
    1,035

    Default

    Yeah. I understood that but I still have an older 20 ga 1100 I was going to order some 2-3/4 boss shells for. I guess I’ll find something else.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Green Pond SC
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Update-3” 5s back in stock … guess we are all shooting the same shell. Glad I only let them load two
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Hampton Co., SC
    Posts
    9,418

    Default

    Come on.... Let them boys put three in the semi!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Flo. County
    Posts
    387

    Default

    I’m in Florence, I’ve got a couple boxes of 2 3/4” estate 20 gauge magnum steel #6’s if anyone in the area wants to trade for some 12 ga steel

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,440

    Default

    Per Boss's page,

    20ga 3" 7's today. 3" 3/5's tomorrow. 3" 5's Thursday. 3" 4's on Friday.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SCmudder7071 View Post
    Per Boss's page,

    20ga 3" 7's today. 3" 3/5's tomorrow. 3" 5's Thursday. 3" 4's on Friday.
    What page? Looked at website and didnt see a list?

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Newberry Co.
    Posts
    2,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trash2 View Post
    What page? Looked at website and didnt see a list?
    Facebook
    Last edited by tman; 11-30-2021 at 05:19 PM.
    "Luck is where opportunity and preparation meet."

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Florence, SC
    Posts
    628

    Default

    I have some 12 GA speed shok 2 3/4 #2’s I could part with. Pm me if interested


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    20,127

    Default

    I’ve got some 20 gauge steel laying around somewhere. I’ll inventory what I’ve got and post it here before I put it in the TP. I’m through messing with anything that isn’t Boss or Migra.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •