Thread: Golf cart guys…

Default Golf cart guys…

Can you convert a 36v cart to 48v? And ball park, what’s it going to cost if you can?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Yes, new motor, controller and obviously batteries. Look at plum quick motors (rock hill i think). As far as price goes these days, Id say around 2k

It’s not cheap to convert but it’s not crazy difficult

Consider going to 42v and keeping your same motor depending on what you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggie1976 View Post
    It’s not cheap to convert but it’s not crazy difficult
    It's cheaper than a new cart.

I've been buying and selling carts for a few years now.
    Like everything the market is crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.

Navitas AC conversion, comes with motor and controller. ~$1800 and you still need batteries

I'd be interested in the 36v motor, controller, and batteries assuming everything is functioning

Quote Originally Posted by Kioti View Post
    Consider going to 42v and keeping your same motor depending on what you have.
    It’s an EZ Go TXT. Already lifted and has knobby tires. Just would like to get a little more muscle out of it. How would the 42v compare to a 36 or 48v system? Other than being in the middle…

Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Are you against gas?

Quote Originally Posted by TJ_11 View Post
    Are you against gas?
    Not 100%, but I’d rather have electric. And this cart is basically a free-bee

If batteries still have life in them, I would run the good out of them first and then do the upgrade. Can go ahead and buy parts and have them ready for when you need new batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by quackaddict View Post
    Not 100%, but I’d rather have electric. And this cart is basically a free-bee

We went from an electric to gas and I was hesitant. I actually keep the electric until the wife was sold on it. Now we only use it in the neighborhood riding back and forth to the pool and the nature trails so it not heavily used like one would for hunting. Its not as loud as I thought and once you get going with the wind, it drowns it out in my opinion.

I had the highest speed code you could get and even with the hills you would feel it start to slow, I don't have that issue with the gas. Only major difference I see is the initial, right as you step on the gas pedal but once it gets goings, it won't slow down. Super efficient is what I love the most, a couple tanks a year, never worrying about the charger not being plugged in and I can work on it.

I only say all this because im assuming the swap would be just as expensive as throwing a Kawasaki in it.

Quote Originally Posted by quackaddict View Post
    It’s an EZ Go TXT. Already lifted and has knobby tires. Just would like to get a little more muscle out of it. How would the 42v compare to a 36 or 48v system? Other than being in the middle…

https://plumquick.com/
    They should be able to do that with your 36v motor.