Thread: Opening week

Default Opening week

Myself and five buddies all decided to throw in and join a club in Arkansas this year. We didn’t know what to expect. Drove out Thursday night, met the other guys Friday, got settled in, and ready for opening day on Saturday. Opening morning was overcast and a cross wind for the blind we drew. Still managed to scratch out 14, most being teal. Sunday was awful. South wind in our face, with a tree line behind us, and all high birds heading the opposite direction. Monday brought cooler temps, a better wind, and we were able to punch out 20 birds. Still majority teal, but more other ducks mixed in. Monday night it got colder, and the wind picked up. We could hear birds moving in as we stood around the fire that night. As we were getting set up Tuesday morning, there were ducks all around us. The wind was exact opposite of what we needed, but with a few decoy changes and some sly calling, we managed to scratch them out in twos and threes, until we finally hit our 6 man limit. It was an incredible trip with some great friends, and we’’re looking forward to heading back out later in the season. Enjoy the pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by billbuster84; 11-26-2021 at 07:13 PM.
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

Good Stuff!!!!!!!!!!!
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"