Thread: Bitching about Windows 10 and ?? about iPad pro

Default Bitching about Windows 10 and ?? about iPad pro

Used to have apple laptop. Changed to a Windows base unit when I thought I was going to need if for business purposes. The first Windows 10 update resulted in my backlit keyboard no longer being backlit. Have talked with Microsoft tech support and samsung tech report and have let the geek squad try to remedy the issue….still no backlit keyboard…because windows 10 does not support it somehow.

Now, my external hard drive (my passport) that I’ve been using since last spring to store my hunting and bow Building vids on, isn’t working with the same f’n computer I’ve been using to move the files from sd to hard drive. I go on the web and search for solutions, and sure enough, piles upon piles of posts inquiring. It’s a Windows 10 update issue that has caused the computer to not be able to ID the hard drive. It will intermittently work, but if you do a damn thing with the files, it says the drive location does not exist or can’t be identified etc then locks up.

I’ve done the 5 things the web offers as “fixes,” but like the other folks on there commenting, it’s a no-go. So….I’ve reached the limit I can handle with Windows.

I remember my apple had its p-I-t-a quirks, but I also remember that it always worked as it should.

So, the new iPad Pro has an SD card reader…yay! It also has a normal HDMI input…again yay!
    It also has a couple of funky looking USB ports. These are definitely not the typical USB inputs. I have no problem buying an adapter cord, but I want to make sure this will work with what I have now.

1. So…is there a simple adapter that will allow me to use their funky proprietary USB ports with all the stuff I have that comes with normal USB cords required for data transfer and/or charging? Ex. camera, rechargeable headlamps, hard drives.

2. Are these hard drives apple or Windows specific? I know if I buy one for an apple computer, it’s going to come with a cord that will fit the apple, but is the hard drive itself apple specific? In other words. will I be able to get the right cord with the correct connectors and plug in my hard drive full of videos and be able to view them, edit them, share them via YouTube etc?

I just want to know that I’m not going to get home after spending 2K on an apple laptop only to find it won’t work with the hard drive I currently have and won’t allow me to post vids to YouTube, Imgur etc.

Thanks.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Yes

No

Depends on how the drive was formatted.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

My wife is an iTard and she got one of the port replicators where it plugs into the laptop and gives you like 4 standard USB ports. You can get em that give a lot more i/o than that. Think they call em docking stations. They have display ports that allow you to do multiple monitors, the whole 9 yards.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 11-25-2021 at 08:17 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Good to know. Thanks for the replies. The formatting issue is concerning, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

EEK- computer geeks

Why I buy Dell and the extended warranty and let them worry about it. I got a problem I call them and they fix it Good Luck
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

You can always take all the files, move them onto another storage medium, then reformat the drive to the type the Apple device likes, then move em back. And bingo bango you're good to go.

It'll take some time but it'll solve your problem.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    EEK- computer geeks
    Like a dentist. Everyone hates on them till they need them.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

I was fine with DOS. It's all bells and whistles now.