Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Societal Breakdown

Quote Originally Posted by billyjack View Post
    About 11 years ago I watched a surplus crown vic going about 100 on I-77 thread the needle between several cars before sideswiping a surburban and another sedan. Almost caused a massive pileup. The driver ditched the crown vic, hopped the fence to the frontage road and sat at a post office depot for two hours waiting on a ride.

I called *HP, told them what happened, where the guy was, his description amd tag number. I sat in the parking lot watching him waiting foe the cops to show up. They never did. And the guy who answered *HP was an asshole to me and acted like I was the damn problem.

Apparently nobody gives a fuck. Maybe nobody ever did.
    I was riding behind an extremely drunk driver in broad daylight one time. Called*HP try to get someone out there. Nothing. Got to a light and what luck, there was a Lexington county sheriff deputy right with beside side. I flagged him he rolled down his window I told them that the guy was hammered drunk and almost hit two cars head on because he couldn't stay in his lane and the officer told me that he had to get the person he had in the back of the car processed and couldn't help. I was dumbfounded.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

34 years ago Carrol Campbell made the news as governor for directing his driver to stop an obviously intoxicated driver. As luck would have it, the DUI landed in my lap to prosecute. When I sent a subpoena over to the governor's office, some lackey called me up to tell me that the gov really hadn't seen much of anything after all.

It’s just like the psychotic parade killer in Wisconsin, nobody cares enough to act until after they’ve killed someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    That's peanuts. There is a lawyer from Hampton that is charged with stealing millions from the poor and he has apologist among us. We broke down long ago. White collar crimes cost us more than the petty shoplifter.

Yep and Bernie Madoff just to name a couple

Stealing is Stealing, do not care how you do it

Did see a part on tv other night and this “smash and grab” apparently is becoming very common in California and even on Rodeo Dr in Beverly Hills.

Sadly only way it will stop is when store owners start shooting

Walking into the Greenville Harris Teeter this evening on Augusta Road.
    Guy is walking out with a facemask pulled up real high. I noted it as odd but then a bag boy starts chasing him and asking for his receipt. The guy is right beside me and ignoring the bag boy. He had a hand basket full of random items.
    I turned around and met the guy outside along with the bag boy. He was attempting to load the contents into his book bag and get on a bike. That made him really easy to stop. I just grabbed the bike.
    Bag boy took the stuff back and let the guy go. I guess there are no consequences to trying. Bag boy says it happens about twice a week. Honestly that is less often that I figured.

Quote Originally Posted by DJP View Post
    Walking into the Greenville Harris Teeter this evening on Augusta Road.
    Guy is walking out with a facemask pulled up real high. I noted it as odd but then a bag boy starts chasing him and asking for his receipt. The guy is right beside me and ignoring the bag boy. He had a hand basket full of random items.
    I turned around and met the guy outside along with the bag boy. He was attempting to load the contents into his book bag and get on a bike. That made him really easy to stop. I just grabbed the bike.
    Bag boy took the stuff back and let the guy go. I guess there are no consequences to trying. Bag boy says it happens about twice a week. Honestly that is less often that I figured.
    That’s my dog. Good on you, Jenks.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    That's peanuts. There is a lawyer from Hampton that is charged with stealing millions from the poor and he has apologist among us. We broke down long ago. White collar crimes cost us more than the petty shoplifter.
    636573167631890204-gre-57geyz22nycrltldmou-original.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    You want to see societal decline? Go to Williams Brice Stadium on Saturday. And sadly it’s nothing compared to people at NFL games.
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    In my opinion, yes.

We cannot expect corrupt politicians, local, state or federal, to legislate us back to sanity. I'll collapse and sooner than we think as it seems to be moving exponentially now.

But take comfort! We were told the R's are going to save us all once again! P-Lowe said so!
    I passed a Life is good bill. Dont worry be happy.

Pic of me with my new fire superpower.

fire.jpg
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

Got clients still carrying over loss from that deal.

Saw some that lost entire retirement portfolio, pitiful

Thaxton did that same junk bond scheme.

Had to google this, I was only 16 when it happened. I can’t believe some serious damage wasn’t done to the c-suite in the form of physical beatings seeing that it was in Pickens.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    Had to google this, I was only 16 when it happened. I can’t believe some serious damage wasn’t done to the c-suite in the form of physical beatings seeing that it was in Pickens.

I think there were legit SC people that went from (low/almost) millionaires to thousandaires in a day. Supposedly about 8,000 investors lost $278 million, and later settled for about $0.18 on the dollar.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archi...-2c2762aadb1d/