Thread: Ram 2500

Default Ram 2500

I’ve driven chevy 2500’s, currently in ‘15 f250 and thinking about moving to a dodge. I specked out a new ‘22 2500 limited with the black out package and almost everything you can get on it and my o my they look good. I think I heard that the newer models have a cp4 pump but other than that, are there any downsides?

Anyone currently driving a new 2500 limited and if so, how’s the ride?
    I take an PLB in the shower with me. Can't ever be too safe.

Whats it like to live w/o the Internet? Not bad, I get photos of your mom thought the mail....

"I'd like to know more about this. Someone give cottontop a bump of coke."
    Sportin' Woodies

I got 19 ram 2500 with 50k miles. No issues

Can't help as far as the 2500, goes, but I love my 1500 Laramie. Only issue I've had was a cylinder misfire. Took it in, had it back in 2 days. Warranty covered a bad gasket that was letting air in. Check out 31Dodge.com. They will deliver you a new truck to your door. I've done it with them twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Only 19 and 20 have the CP4.

Cummins caught on quick.
    More fuel = more boost!!

I was hoping you would chime in KRT.. Good for them realizing it was a bad thing. Anyone have any idea on the lead time on a new truck these days? I'm guess 6-8 months but haven't called a dealer yet b/c I hate car dealers.

Whats it like to live w/o the Internet? Not bad, I get photos of your mom thought the mail....

Sportin' Woodies

Im in a 2020 RAM 1500 Limited eco diesel with air ride. Im at 40k miles, best truck I have ever owned. Neighbor has the 2500 mega cab and loves it as well.

Do yourself a favor and drive one with and w/o the air suspension, and if possible, hookup a trailer and feel the difference.
    Last edited by Coastal12; 11-24-2021 at 10:57 AM.

The biggest issue I had was the drastic towing reduction once you reached a limited package. They drop the towing down to around 13,000 pounds.

21 on has a CP3 pump. RAM was rumored to be going with a real Allison transmission in 22 or 23 but I think that got quashed. If you go to the HO in a 3500 you can get the Aisin, air suspension and a 50gal tank in a long bed. Wish they hadn’t changed the front end though.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Friend got a Ram 1500 last year and the ride quality and interior was impressive. I’m a few years out from needing a new truck so I’ll be watching his to see how it holds up.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

On my 5th RAM 1500 and they keep getting better. The ride on my 2021 Laramie is excellent. Had an issue with a 2012 I had years ago and Dodge fixed it under warranty. Something with the crank shaft at 85k miles. I usually run them up to 120k miles before I trade in. I put a lot of miles on my trucks in a short period of time.

The one I have specked has the air suspension.

Why would the limited package drop the towing capability??

Sportin' Woodies

Limited has 14k towing because of air ride

Tradesman has 18k towing
    More fuel = more boost!!

I got a recall notice on the CP4 pump in my 19'. However, the parts are not available. Go figure, I've been waiting since August on parts for two other repairs.

Quote Originally Posted by sftull View Post
    Anyone have any idea on the lead time on a new truck these days? I'm guess 6-8 months but haven't called a dealer yet b/c I hate car dealers.
    We ordered 4 Rams back in February at work and won't be receiving them until the first quarter of 2022. Or at least that's what they're telling us right now. 3500-5500 series trucks.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

Ordered a Ram 2500 Mega cab Laramie and 2500 Mega Cab Longhorn. Got both of them with the last one arrived day before Thanksgiving.

Got an '18 Laraime 2500 w/ 64K, only issue was ABS pump failed, fully covered.
    Way too much stuff in cab to reflect sun.
    Pulling a 12K boat feels loose with coils, '06 had leaf springs and felt tighter.
    Air Susp. may stiffen it up.
    Can't wait for warranty to run out, miss the difference once deleted/tuned.

No clue on rams, what models don’t have rear coils? I’ve heard complaints about them before from guys towing.