Thread: November Fishing

Default November Fishing

Been a little slow on the reports as things have been super busy over the past 2 months.

Trout - I am finding the majority of my trout near structure with current. This could be a dock, laydown or oyster point on a shoreline. A paddle tail on a jig head worked with a jigging motion but slow to keep in the bottom of the water column has produced the larger fish. This is also a great time of year to target these larger trout. For flies a Clouser of your choice on a light intermediate line has been getting action.

Redfish - I have not yet consistently seen fish school up on the smaller main river flats yet but do expect that to be changing soon. On higher water fishing structure like laydowns and docks has produced well. You can also power fish grass edges and find a few hanging around.

The most exciting way to target them, to me at least, is to chase them in the large oyster flats on the low end of the tide cycle. The water has cleared up and the fish are grouping together in the potholes and "deeper" cuts producing some great sight fishing. Best fishing being a mid afternoon low tide with a sunny sky. A 1/10oz ned rig or Texas rigged plastic has worked best. A bead chain seaducer on a floating line has also been pretty irresistible.

IMG_0363.jpg

IMG_0385.jpg

5B2B0619-6FAE-4D7A-B3D0-EBA83DC2E6D9.JPG

IMG_0510.jpg

IMG_0538.jpg

IMG_0556.jpg

What weight jighead do you use with those paddle tails?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    What weight jighead do you use with those paddle tails?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    I usually fish ZMan minnowZ and like a trout eye for the shank length.

My preference is a 1/8 but will go to a 3/16 if there is heavier current, deeper water or the angler needs more weight to cast.

good stuff cleve
    i need to get down there and fish with you.
    you'll love me.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    good stuff cleve
    you'll love me.
    You'd have to leave Columbia.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    good stuff cleve
    you'll love me.
    Come on down
    You’ve been trying to give that trip away for a while now you may actually have to cash it in yourself

Always enjoy these posts. Thanks for sharing.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

All of these fish on arties?
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    All of these fish on arties?
    Majority of my fishing is fly/artificials. I do sometimes fish with bait depending on who is on the boat and what they are looking to do.

Thanks, man. And sorry for the rad inshore lingo.

I was fishing redfish tournaments when the ned rig came out. I immediately started trying it on reds woth mixed results. The only negative I saw was the shank of the hook was too thin so a red could easily break it. We(me and zman) had several talks and they basically said at that time it wasn’t made for bigger fish even though I was only targeting slots. Fast forward a couple years and I see they’ve bulked up the hook. That was always a fun little bait to throw year round

Quote Originally Posted by theoldblackdog View Post
    I was fishing redfish tournaments when the ned rig came out. I immediately started trying it on reds woth mixed results. The only negative I saw was the shank of the hook was too thin so a red could easily break it. We(me and zman) had several talks and they basically said at that time it wasn’t made for bigger fish even though I was only targeting slots. Fast forward a couple years and I see they’ve bulked up the hook. That was always a fun little bait to throw year round
    It downright catches fish. Do you still tournament fish? Our paths may have crossed.

I have caught large fish on the light wire Ned hooks as they are what I usually use. The key is a light drag and light rod to take the surges.

I wish I still did. Haven’t in years. My partner moved and we both had kids so that’s come first. Yeah that initial surge was deadly on those hooks. Loved fishing the Beaufort and Georgetown area not so much in Charleston.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Thanks, man. And sorry for the rad inshore lingo.
    Making up shit doesn’t qualify as rad lingo. Tighten up, brah.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Making up shit doesn’t qualify as rad lingo. Tighten up, brah.
    Isn't all lingo, rad or otherwise, made up?

^^^ Did you really just stump Ted Nugent?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Isn't all lingo, rad or otherwise, made up?
    No