Thread: Irrigation well timer?

Default Irrigation well timer?

I need to either put a timer on the well or better yet, a cellular device that would allow me to turn the pump on/off remotely. 75 minute drive one way. Is there such an animal? 5hp pump.

How is the motor controlled?

You should be able to use something like this with a normal irrigation timer: https://store.rainbird.com/psr220ic-...-220-volt.html. Might be a simpler way, but this is what I use. I assume you are one zone, so you just need on/off. My timer turns on the relay for the pump and also opens the valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Quack07 View Post
    How is the motor controlled?
    i flip a toggle switch and it turns on. beyond that i'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    You should be able to use something like this with a normal irrigation timer: https://store.rainbird.com/psr220ic-...-220-volt.html. Might be a simpler way, but this is what I use. I assume you are one zone, so you just need on/off. My timer turns on the relay for the pump and also opens the valves.
    no valves. turn pump on and it pumps water. 240v i believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    this looks like about what is used to turn the pump on now. i need a timer so it'll shut off after a set amount of time or something i can turn on/off remotely.

Quote Originally Posted by Redleg Camo View Post
    this looks like about what is used to turn the pump on now. i need a timer so it'll shut off after a set amount of time or something i can turn on/off remotely.
    Take a pic of the label/specs on the pump relay you have and post it. If it is a 24v coil you can just use a cheap irrigation timer from Lowe's and tie to the coil contacts.

It can be done via a timing relay or maybe even one of those cellular relays similar to what is used on the remote hog trap doors. But to tell you what you need I would have to know what control components are being utilized currently.

Yeah what he said

I think a 5 HP pump pulls about 25 amps. If that is correct, this might work and be simpler: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Intermat...RD89/203569316. Since you already have a pump relay, this is a little overkill though.

Quote Originally Posted by Quack07 View Post
    It can be done via a timing relay or maybe even one of those cellular relays similar to what is used on the remote hog trap doors. But to tell you what you need I would have to know what control components are being utilized currently.
    Gotcha. Will get more details and report back. thanks

There is such a thing. Call WP Law (803) 461-0599 They may have something, but the well/pump boys in Georgia certainly do. I am drawing a blank on the name. One of the real farmers here will know if they see this or I will remember it when I am supposed to be remembering something else and I will shoot it to you...