Thread: Winchester Sx-4

Default Winchester Sx-4

Looking at picking one up for my youngest. Never owned a Winchester. Any input will be appreciated.

Son has one. We both love it. Very light recoil and few moving parts. Very simple and easy to clean. Swings nicely as well.

I'd opt for the Remington V3 over SX4. V3 has better trigger, magazine cutoff, most reliable gas system out there, plus all the parts and springs are right there in the receiver. I'm guessing that when the majority of folks clean their semi-autos they don't even bother removing the return spring from the tube within the stock to wipe it down. Spring eventually rusts, and though it'll take a while, one time you're out hunting and pull the trigger, spring snaps, now your semi-auto is a single shot.

V3 has the springs integrated into the receiver. Gun's super simple to break down and clean. Don't even need tools to tear it down.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 11-19-2021 at 07:10 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

My wife shoots one and loves it. I’m still shooting the same sx2 I have been abusing for years and have no issues.
    For the ducks