Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Mathews

Default New Mathews

https://www.mathewsinc.com/product/v3x-33/

Mathews just released their 2022 line. Another spin on the halon platform. It’s a proven winner that has carried the brand for a while now. I was hoping they would go to a binary cam system just to cut down on the number of strings that’ll need replacing, but the CC cams work. Glad to see them back with a 33” ata bow in the stable. The new dovetail site mount is slick. And they addressed being able to swap strings without a press via a $40 rope. I think it’ll be a boring, reliable, smooth shooter. About on par with the vxr and v3. Im looking forward to demoing the v3x 33.

I'm gonna go shoot both the 33 and 29 when I get a chance. Time to upgrade the Z7 if there is such a thing. I think the string change without a press will carry over into other lines before its all said and done.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

Quote Originally Posted by joshua2 View Post
    I'm gonna go shoot both the 33 and 29 when I get a chance. Time to upgrade the Z7 if there is such a thing. I think the string change without a press will carry over into other lines before its all said and done.
    I’m going to shoot the 33 on Thursday. No interest in the kids model, but I like a big bow. I’d wait to see what Hoyt releases next month before I got my checkbook out. The ventum line from last year was strong as new rope. Should be a banner year in the bow market.

Quote Originally Posted by joshua2 View Post
    There is no upgrade from a Z7.....period

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post

I like a Z7 as much as the next guy but you done bumped yo damn head if you truly believe that.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post

You’re right. Advancements in R&D, machining, materials, etc have taken a step backwards in the last 12 years.

Comparing a z7 to a 2022 bow is just foolish. There is not one thing a 10 year old bow is better at than a current model.

Next someone will chime in on how the switchback is the best bow ever made.

I got a VXR 29”. I’m not a Robin Hood type and I don’t know all the bowin’ lingo. I shoot it, it’s fast, smooth, quiet and no vibration. It’s badass, I’ve ruined a few arrows because it’s really accurate or I’m better than I think I am. I may actually keep it and one day hunt with it if I get time to hunt.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I have really been let down by Mathews lately. I’m not a fan of the vxr line of bows. Something about them, I just don’t like. Hopefully this will be the last installment of that line. For now I’ll stick to the prime nexus.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 11-16-2021 at 04:02 PM.

My OCD self will know within a few shots if a new model is in my future. The 12 year old bow still stacks them in there, but the new tech has to add something one would think.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

I'll probably go shoot them and see but I still like my vxr 31. I'm interested to see how the new Prime shoots, my 2018 model is still the most stable bow I've ever shot it just doesn't compare to my vxr when it comes to noise, vibration and draw cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    I'll probably go shoot them and see but I still like my vxr 31. I'm interested to see how the new Prime shoots, my 2018 model is still the most stable bow I've ever shot it just doesn't compare to my vxr when it comes to noise, vibration and draw cycle.
    Same. The inline3 has my attention. Can’t beat primes fit and finish either. Really liked my nexus4.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    Same. The inline3 has my attention. Can’t beat primes fit and finish either. Really liked my nexus4.
    That is very true, my old Logic still looks new and it has been through the ringer.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    You’re right. Advancements in R&D, machining, materials, etc have taken a step backwards in the last 12 years.

Comparing a z7 to a 2022 bow is just foolish. There is not one thing a 10 year old bow is better at than a current model.

Next someone will chime in on how the switchback xt is the best bow ever made.
    Fixed it for ya.

I just upgraded to a v3 31. I’ll probably wait another 10 years before getting a new bow.

It’s been neat to see all the changes that Mathews has made since the beginning. They have came a long ways since the Standard to now this.

The XT is still one of the best bows ever produced.

I like my vxr as well. Will shoot the new one just to see.
    Last edited by BugBuster; 11-16-2021 at 07:27 PM.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

But wait, it's a game changer.

Quote Originally Posted by b-stick View Post
    Fixed it for ya.

I just upgraded to a v3 31. I’ll probably wait another 10 years before getting a new bow.

It’s been neat to see all the changes that Mathews has made since the beginning. They have came a long ways since the Standard to now this.

The XT is still one of the best bows ever produced.
    Tell em B-stick.

I bet their new technology includes a friend with a good tracking dog.

As a buddy said, “V3 with gimmicks.” Disappointed in their 30th anniversary bow. Was very interested in seeing what they put out but never intended to do away with my Triax.
    Psalm 42:1 "As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God."

Matthews is an incredible marketing machine. If bows didn’t have names on them, far less folks would shoot Matthews
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Matthews is an incredible marketing machine. If bows didn’t have names on them, far less folks would shoot Matthews
    Truth.

I shot bowtech all the way up until we quit selling them then went to Mathews.

Even then I bounced back and fourth from Elite to Mathews.

But it keeps people like Wiz18 excited.
    Last edited by b-stick; 11-16-2021 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Ain't that the truth. Matthews bows every years reminds me of the newest Jordan shoes or the newest I phone
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid