Thread: Left handed youth shotgun?

Default Left handed youth shotgun?

Any guidance on this? I was thinking a BPS, or a less expensive over under. My son is 10 and definitely left eye dominant. He hasn’t started shooting a shotgun yet, but I’d like to start him right. A rough length of pull estimate is 12.5 inches right now but he is growing like a weed.

I’m torn on which direction I should go. I’m sure I’m not the only one with a weirdo left eye dominant kid that wants to shoot moving things

Not many options out there. Bite the bullet, get a Lh M2 Benelli, replace the stock with a montefeltro youth stock until he grows into it. My son is 14 and I just switched the stock to a regular stock before this bird season started.

Thanks. Not super worried about price, if the M2 would be good, I’m cool with that. I like that you can interchange stocks with that too

It’s not an exact fit with the youth stock, but close enough. I have a wood youth stock dipped in bottomland, if you go that route and are interested

I did the BPS Micro for both of my boys. Now they shoot left hand M2's.

I’m lefty and started on a BPS and now shoot, SBE, M2 and Beretta. I’m not sure I’ll put my son through the misery of a BPS. It’s a good gun, but why mess with him if you have the means to buy him an M2. I’ll buy the M2 10 out of 10 times.

CZ makes a left handed 20gauge in O/U.

Or he could be like most kids and dodge shells until he's old enough to buy an M2.

Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    I’m lefty and started on a BPS and now shoot, SBE, M2 and Beretta. I’m not sure I’ll put my son through the misery of a BPS. It’s a good gun, but why mess with him if you have the means to buy him an M2. I’ll buy the M2 10 out of 10 times.
    Absolutely

I did the BPS route- bought a youth 20 and adult 12 on here. The they have been used by lefty wife, left eye dominant oldest grandson( now shooting right eyed with a M1 super 90) left handed grandson #2, right handed grandson #3, and a few friends kids have learned to shoot with them. Still got another righty and lefty grands that will learn on them.

The left eyed dominant thing worked itself out with the ambidextrous gun by shooting skeet and making him switch sides often- he learned to shoot both eyes open and it solved itself .