Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snakeboots

Default Snakeboots

I've had Chippewa, Danners (not the Sharptail), Lacrosse, Rocky and Irish Setters. All failed me within 2 years of swamp use. I'm now looking at the snake proof rubber boots. Anyone have any luck with a pair? Dryshods?

Mike

I tried a pair of Muck rubber snake boots. They fell apart after about 3 months of light use.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Just picked up a pair of lacrosse alpha snake boots for $75 at a tractor supply. I normally screw up a good pair of boots during turkey season so time will tell.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

A pair of Lacrosse granges and a pair of balls
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    I tried a pair of Muck rubber snake boots. They fell apart after about 3 months of light use.
    I’m on season 7 with mine and they’ve been used hard. Not a tear or any sign of failure, camo’s worn off but that’s it.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    This here. Except the granges are too tight for my leg so I do the burly

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Maybe? I realize the odds are small but I had a buddy get hit and no way I want to go through that.

Got a pair of those I have been using and no trouble from them at all but not what he asked about.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Quote Originally Posted by 3 1/2" MAGUM View Post
    Maybe? I realize the odds are small but I had a buddy get hit and no way I want to go through that.
    I got bit with a pair of snake boots on 15 years ago. I don’t wear snake boots anymore. There are no such things as waterproof leather snake boots. I like to turkey hunt places that I spend a lot of time in water. They all leak. Russells leak. Driving to your hunting area is by far the most dangerous thing you do.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

I'm on my 2nd pair of lacross rubber snake boots. 1st pair is probably 5 years old and is now work boots and the other reserved for hunting only. Both have alot of miles and no issues

Quote Originally Posted by Pass shot View Post
    I'm on my 2nd pair of lacross rubber snake boots. 1st pair is probably 5 years old and is now work boots and the other reserved for hunting only. Both have alot of miles and no issues
    I have looked at those, but I can’t find ‘em in bottomland, and I can’t be looking all amateur. I’d rather get bit by a snake

Quote Originally Posted by darealdeal View Post
    Just picked up a pair of lacrosse alpha snake boots for $75 at a tractor supply. I normally screw up a good pair of boots during turkey season so time will tell.
    Which tractor supply? I don't see them on the website

Quote Originally Posted by darealdeal View Post
    I got 1/2 a deer season out of a pair of the Arrowheads before they ripped at the ankle.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I wear regular mucks wetlands. I’ve been hit by a moccasin in the neoprene and they stopped it.

Don’t overthink it.

Russells and stay out of the water

Just put on a pair of boots that are comfortable and go hunting.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Frank1 View Post
    Which tractor supply? I don't see them on the website
    I picked them up in Laurens. They took them on trade for something a few months back and they just stayed on the clearance rack for awhile. I offered $75 for them and sold. So idk how the store ended up with them

I’ve been happy with the lacrosse aerohead snake boots. I’ve had mine for about 4 years and haven’t had them leak yet.

Sheesh, all the Bwanas in here. Never did I say I was paralyzed by thought of getting bit. How many of you carry a CCW or have an AR with a 30 round mag, just in case?

Mike

Lacrosse Alphaburly Pro.

It would take a damn good hit for a snake to get through the rubber. With that said, I've worn out one pair, and that took 5 years of serious abuse and hundreds of miles. I'm on my second pair now, and when those are worn out I'll buy another pair. By far the most durable and waterproof boot I've worn, and that's covering everything from bogs in New Foundland to working around the house in the summer.