Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: King Tides and Storm to combine tomrrow

Default King Tides and Storm to combine tomrrow

will it cut off the barrier islands?

tide image.png

graph tides.png
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...

I doubt it. I bet Myrtle Ave. at Pawleys will be flooded over.
    DILLIGAF

Sounds like an epic day for marsh hen hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
    I doubt it. I bet Myrtle Ave. at Pawleys will be flooded over.
    It already is. Got two jobs on the Marsh now, the dock on one is under water. The other the water is at the top of the sea wall on the golf course.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Coastal areas, however, will see the ugliest weather of all. Here, the rain will be heavy at times. Winds will get even stronger, too, with gusts to around 40 mph. The immediate coast might see gusts to 50 mph or so. As if this weren't enough to deal with, the high astronomical tides continue and actually will peak with the Saturday morning high tide. So, there will be coastal flooding to contend with, and rain coming down will exacerbate the flooding. The Charleston area has already been dealing with tidal flooding the last few days and I think we'll see the water levels run another 6-12 inches higher tomorrow morning, even higher than that if it's raining hard around high tide. Temperatures will sit in the high 40s and low 50s all day; the rain and strong wind will make it feel like the 30s in this area, too. Saturday certainly won't be a good beach day. Maybe it's a good beach erosion day, though; the surf will be pounding. Staying home and watching football or a movie is probably a better choice, but if you need to go out, be very cautious and don't drive or walk through flooded areas. You don't want that nasty saltwater corroding your car and, wading through germ-infested flood waters is essentially performing a science experiment on yourself.

Gradually, the weather improves Saturday night through Sunday as the storm toddles eastward away from us. Rain may linger through the morning in the Pee Dee, and it will remain breezy and chilly. There's a small chance that the storm gains tropical characteristics while sitting over those warm waters Sunday into Monday; we'll be watching for that. Sunday looks to be a decent day over much of the state with the sun returning and temperatures rising into the 60s, but lingering clouds and the early rain keep the Pee Dee in the 50s.

A big warmup begins on Monday, with the entire state seeing sunshine. In fact, next week looks to be a very warm week for November. Monday through Wednesday all look to be sunny and nice days with most places across the state seeing highs in the 70s, though our storm may still be wandering offshore and keeping the coastal areas breezy.

A cold front will approach later next week. Clouds could start to show up ahead of it by Thursday, but it will remain warm with temperatures in the 70s (maybe some of the usual warm spots reach 80). The front could arrive as early as Friday with our next chance for rain. As warm as it will be ahead of the front, there probably will be some thunderstorms, too. Timing is uncertain on the front at this range; the next chance for rain may be next Friday night or Saturday instead.

Behind that front, it will turn much colder again, and that could be the beginning of a weather pattern change to one where it's typically colder than average rather than warmer. So, it's definitely time to get the winter clothing ready for the season!

Frank Strait
    Severe Weather Liaison
    S.C. State Climate Office
    S.C. Department of Natural Resources
    1000 Assembly Street, PO Box 167, Columbia SC 29202
    Twitter: @SCwxFrankStrait

facebook
    instagram
    rss feed
    twitter
    youtube
    South Carolina Department of Natural Resources, Rembert C. Dennis Building
    1000 Assembly Street, Columbia, SC 29201

Department Phone Numbers
    Last edited by DRDUCK; 11-05-2021 at 01:53 PM.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Tide was into Sea Island Parkway between St. Helena and Lady's at high tide this am.
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...

Martian beatdown time...

I told my wife months ago, this was the weekend of the season to go marsh hen hunting. Now I can’t go due to a torn rotator cuff.

We're at Edisto State Park now, there was a mass exodus before 8:30. We decided to stay and take a chance. The wind has actually lessened and the surf calmer now at 6:00 pm . I'm sure it can change quickly.

Thought this thread was gonna be about an "epic skinny-water redfish bite".

Most of us aren’t homos, so we don’t use words like “epic”.

Quote Originally Posted by BEAR View Post
    I told my wife months ago, this was the weekend of the season to go marsh hen hunting. Now I can’t go due to a torn rotator cuff.
    If I was there, I’d let you just play guide so I could shoot some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by quackaddict View Post
    If I was there, I’d let you just play guide so I could shoot some.

It’s just like Carolina’s football season, there’s always next year.

Hauled the skiff out and headed to barnwell. Not interested in blood worm flavored doves...
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Quote Originally Posted by fro View Post
    Hauled the skiff out and headed to barnwell. Not interested in blood worm flavored doves...
    Hens gonna die
    Deer gonna die
    Meet you at shed Sunday for a blue!!

Quote Originally Posted by BEAR View Post
    It’s just like Carolina’s football season, there’s always next year.

Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Most of us aren’t homos, so we don’t use words like “epic”.
    Yeah, real men only use a couple dozen words.

I want to go kingfishing

Quote Originally Posted by fro View Post
    Not interested in blood worm flavored doves...
    Ive done everything I know to make them taste good.

Except eat them after a 2 day fast. I suppose even then I’d need plenty of ketchup.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Thought this thread was gonna be about an "epic skinny-water redfish bite".
    Way too much water even without the added factors