Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7mm 08 ammo

Visor guy , the pawn shop in kings mountain had some a few weeks ago I stopped in there looking for some 7 mags .

Norma has their whitetail line of ammo in stock on their website

Quote Originally Posted by CWPINST View Post
    Hunters, Fishermen and Outdoors enthusiasts normally tend to be self sufficient type of folks. I can’t understand why in the times we are living in and have been in for a while, that folks continue to be slaves to the ammo supply chain instead of learning to handload. Sure, now is not as good of a time to start as was 3 years ago but in a year from now folks may regret waiting. Components are scarce but they are occasionally available. Cost savings is really the least important reason for hand loading. Tailor made ammo for your gun and a good supply of it are premium reasons. If anyone would like to learn, I am sure there would be plenty of folks on here who would be willing to help. I certainly would.
    Learning to hand load was the BEST thing I ever did as far as hunting and shooting is concerned. Pass it on to your kids also when they are old enough, they will need to know it more than us.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey01 View Post
    Visor guy , the pawn shop in kings mountain had some a few weeks ago I stopped in there looking for some 7 mags .
    Right across from Hardee's? What was you doing that way. I live about 10 mins from there
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    Learning to hand load was the BEST thing I ever did as far as hunting and shooting is concerned. Pass it on to your kids also when they are old enough, they will need to know it more than us.
    This. Man o man I wish I knew how to load

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

What caliber do you want to load for?
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

Yes sir right across from Hardee’s , I live about 15 mins down 161 on the corner of Lawrence and 161

Quote Originally Posted by Trey01 View Post
    Yes sir right across from Hardee’s , I live about 15 mins down 161 on the corner of Lawrence and 161
    10/4. You eat at palmetto seafood much?

What caliber do you want to load for?
    7-08 and 270 mostly.

Yes sir we eat there pretty regular .

Hunters, Fishermen and Outdoors enthusiasts normally tend to be self sufficient type of folks. I can’t understand why in the times we are living in and have been in for a while, that folks continue to be slaves to the ammo supply chain instead of learning to handload. Sure, now is not as good of a time to start as was 3 years ago but in a year from now folks may regret waiting. Components are scarce but they are occasionally available. Cost savings is really the least important reason for hand loading. Tailor made ammo for your gun and a good supply of it are premium reasons. If anyone would like to learn, I am sure there would be plenty of folks on here who would be willing to help. I certainly would.
    This x1000

Loaded up 50 rounds for my rifle before the season started and have enough components to load another 500 if I needed to.

Handloading is without a doubt the way to go.
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    This x1000

Loaded up 50 rounds for my rifle before the season started and have enough components to load another 500 if I needed to.

Handloading is without a doubt the way to go.
    Is it legal to load some for a friend and sell them?

Quote Originally Posted by Geetch View Post
    Is it legal to load some for a friend and sell them?
    I haven’t checked in a long time, but years ago I loaded poppers for a training group my wife and I were in and it was strongly suggested to me by a friend with an FFL that I not let the club reimburse my costs. Maybe he was mistaken, but triple check it in the regs.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    7-08 and 270 mostly.
    Same shell holder size for both. Theoretically you can use the same powder for both however the .270 Win. Usually is optimized with a slower powder than you would normally use for the 7mm-08. If you can find Varget powder and H4831 powder, grab some. You can use the same primer for both. It is “large rifle” size. For primers look for Federal 210-M or Winchester WLR.

If there is a silver lining to this supply chain problem, it is that reloading hardware is still relatively available. For a Press consider the Redding Big Boss 2 or the RCBS Rockchucker Supreme. Either will last your lifetime and the lifetime of your grandkids. There are many others that will work just fine. There are plenty of other things that you will need as well. We could discuss at length if you are interested. I know this is basic information but figured I would throw it out in case anyone might be interested.
    Last edited by CWPINST; 11-15-2021 at 07:19 PM.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

Maybe steel shot will go that high and all the fuck-tards will stay at home this year…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk