Thread: costa rica

trying to plan a trip to go offshore in costa rica. ANyone ever been. Whats the best time of year

right this second is the best time to be there. seriously. on the west coast anyhoo....
    wherever we go we bring monkey with us

you can get round-trip airfare at good prices if you plan ahead. It is going off right now on the West side! One of my younger bro's has a girl-friend whose daddy has a rig down there(PIPELAYER) and they will be down in March. My other brother will be in Cabo in March. What I would give to be back in school!!!
    George Carlin said it best, \'Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are stupider than that\'\'.

I get down there anywhere from 4-6 times annually. I own land there. Send a PM for details on fishing seasons and who to go with. Now thru mid March is the time for Billfish.Tuna,Dorado and Wahoo are peaking.

We are going in April for inshore fishing for Roosterfish.

Huge Tarpon, Snook, Calba and some limited Bonefishing on the Caribbean side as well.

See Costa Rica soon, before the Americans ruin a great place.

Delta Airlines has tickets roundtrip from Atlanta to San Jose on sale right now for under $300.00.

AG
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Just like the other guys said. You are going to have a good time catching bill fish anywhere up to mid or late March. I was over there during the rainy season (July 2003) and we still hooked up with 10 sails. All while well within site of land. You need to plan a couple of extra days to do more than fish. It is absolutely beautiful over there.
    "I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy."
    -John Adams

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
    -Albert Einstein

went there for my honeymoon for two weeks and it was incredible. Everyone is real friendly outside of san jose. we went to 4 different parts of the country. the fishing,food, people, and scenery is the best. We fished out of flamingo and it was pretty good. the best fish were a 500 marlin and a 110 sail. sails everywhere. my buddy is a charter captain down there just starting out. he has a 26 express full tower and cuddy. nice little boat. he fishes out of tamarindo. He is insured and has his 100 ton license. if you need his contact information, you can email me at jasonc@philchem.us I dont know your age, but he is 28, real energetic,always has fun, and will do anything to put you on the fish. We have been fishing together for about 10 years.
    BIG HAT, NO CATTLE.