Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Guns and Game

Extra points fir da smoke pole!!

Quote Originally Posted by quackaddict View Post

Great photo - jealous.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    Great photo - jealous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

A1EAA12A-7F50-4ACD-89E9-10B098F55C2D.jpg

Cranial shot from the little 6.5. Would have been more fun with the 300WM though. 4 Shoats are missing momma today. They slipped by before I could get the shotgun around on them.
    Last edited by Saltydog235; 11-01-2021 at 10:00 AM.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

[QUOTE=quackaddict

My Optima likes to tip deers over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Mine does too,

B173BC8E-E2BB-4EC6-ADD8-5CB93691D1DA.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

Quote Originally Posted by BowfinClassic View Post
    Your mail box is full.

What caliber. Gentlemen i hunt with goes to a friend’s club to shoot pigs. He is thinking about a semiauto. Bolt being to slow. Looking for advice for him.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by mello_collins View Post
    Your mail box is full.

What caliber. Gentlemen i hunt with goes to a friend’s club to shoot pigs. He is thinking about a semiauto. Bolt being to slow. Looking for advice for him.
    It is interesting to see how far the "assault rifle" has come. We used to shudder when a guest would show up with an AR-15 "for hogs", knowing that a bunch of crippled up pigs would soon be running around in the aftermath of being shot with a .223 by someone who thought a bolt gun was "too slow". No, those gutshot hogs are not likely to "run off and die". They are far more likely to run off, suffer, then show back up with maggots pouring out of the wound, ruining the next guy's hunt, too.

These "new" calibers have changed a lot of that, and who doesn't love seeing kids with black rifle's?

Quote Originally Posted by mello_collins View Post
    Your mail box is full.

That’s a .223. I’m not shooting them for sport and I don’t sit in a stand. All of the hogs I shoot with that rifle are on the ground and 90% are less than 50 yards. I shot them with buckshot for years but was running into big groups and the shotgun wasn’t cutting it. I was leery at first but 45 grain hollow points are deadly. I can’t remember more than one or two that didn’t die where I shot them.

Quote Originally Posted by BowfinClassic View Post
    That’s a .223. I’m not shooting them for sport and I don’t sit in a stand. All of the hogs I shoot with that rifle are on the ground and 90% are less than 50 yards. I shot them with buckshot for years but was running into big groups and the shotgun wasn’t cutting it. I was leery at first but 45 grain hollow points are deadly. I can’t remember more than one or two that didn’t die where I shot them.
    Give me a holler and drop by the farm if you ever want to try shooting an AR in a different caliber and/or with a suppressor. I've got a 300 blk SBR with a can that is my favorite stalking gun and a 6.5 Grendel with a can for longer shots. Those are about the only rifles I hunt with anymore, other than rimfires for squirrels.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Dick View Post
    I hope this thread isn’t just for pine goats….

338 Norma Magnum

Attachment 69777
    So do I

300 Weatherby Mag.

img11032021_001.jpg
    Home Of :

HRCH HR SHR Sunstar's Gigi The Boss's Daughter MH

Sunstar's Lookout 4 Miz Azie
    Sunstar's The Pro-Zak Attack

WWW.sunstarsduckdogs.com

More interested in the gun then the game so post up a picture of what y’all shot it with.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooter View Post
    So do I

300 Weatherby Mag.

img11032021_001.jpg
    What brand of sheep is that, and is it a good one or should you have waited until next year?

This thread is pretty awesome

Put this ol gal to work this morning and killed a full buck on a friend’s place in Llano. Remington Sportsman 78. Gave it a facelift last year with a Boyd’s stock, Talley lightweights and a Bushnell Nitro 4-16x44 with a 30mm tube. I’d like to put a new barrel on it this next year, but she still works just fine.

Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by quackaddict View Post
    Put this ol gal to work this morning and killed a full buck on a friend’s place in Llano. Remington Sportsman 78. Gave it a facelift last year with a Boyd’s stock, Talley lightweights and a Bushnell Nitro 4-16x44 with a 30mm tube. I’d like to put a new barrel on it this next year, but she still works just fine.

Let’s see a picture of the buck
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

It is interesting to see how far the "assault rifle" has come. We used to shudder when a guest would show up with an AR-15 "for hogs", knowing that a bunch of crippled up pigs would soon be running around in the aftermath of being shot with a .223 by someone who thought a bolt gun was "too slow". No, those gutshot hogs are not likely to "run off and die". They are far more likely to run off, suffer, then show back up with maggots pouring out of the wound, ruining the next guy's hunt, too.

These "new" calibers have changed a lot of that, and who doesn't love seeing kids with black rifle's?
    Makes sense, I shot my first pig with you standing next to me, AR resting on truck door mirror.
    But that one didn't run off did it

I hate shooting a deer in the evening because I don't have time to get a good photo with a good camera...

Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.