Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: SC WMA draw 2021

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    I can’t run more than about 100 yards.
    Sandbagger. You'd wade through pluff mud with a sack of decoys for 500 yards to whack a gadwall. 1000 if you saw a blackduck hop out the trees the day before...

Nope Second year putting in
    " You can't catch the Rona if you already the Illest " - J ROC

thanks to the SCDNR these hunts are not worth the hassle.

last few times i’ve been they SUCKED!!! i don’t waste my time with that bullshit anymore. save your time and go to florida.
    Windows Down!

I have a report - SC Uplanders are very good at sub-optimizing coastal impoundment hunts...
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    They were making up for last time when they killed 5 ducks with 74 shots...

https://www.dnr.sc.gov/wildlife/wate...c19-252021.pdf
    Is there a point where the juice just isn't worth the squeeze on consistently poor performing CAT 1 wma properties?

Is there anything online with a breakdown of the cost to maintain each CAT 1 wma? I doubt it would ever be allowed but what if a private organization took over management of poor performing CAT 1's? It would still remain a public draw hunt site of course.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Is there a point where the juice just isn't worth the squeeze on consistently poor performing CAT 1 wma properties?

Is there anything online with a breakdown of the cost to maintain each CAT 1 wma? I doubt it would ever be allowed but what if a private organization took over management of poor performing CAT 1's? It would still remain a public draw hunt site of course.
    Or SCDNR to allow crop sharing so farmers could grow rice in our WMA’s
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Tekton Game Calls

843-290-9569

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    I have a report - SC Uplanders are very good at sub-optimizing coastal impoundment hunts...
    LOL
    DILLIGAF

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Sandbagger. You'd wade through pluff mud with a sack of decoys for 500 yards to whack a gadwall. 1000 if you saw a blackduck hop out the trees the day before...
    Lol correct, and I’m certain I’ll be found the same way Ward Allen was because of it
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by tman View Post
    For the life of me, I can't figure out why so many people are so interested in duck hunting in SC on public land. The public land is absolutely terrible 99% of the time. Somebody please explain to me, what keeps bringing these people back to the boat ramp? I don't understand it.
    I don't understand it either. I have seen the same kids at a boat ramp 4 days in a row before. I was shooting my wood ducks and picking away at a mallard and teal or two. They were the only other ones hunting from that ramp. Never heard any other shooting until the third day. 4-5 shots. Sure enough, at 10:00 every "SC Duck Hunting" type Facebook group was lit up East Coast Waterfowl flatbills and a wood duck with those same two 15-16 year olds in the background. I think that most younger kids hunting now have no idea that hunting was better in the past or could be better because they have nothing to compare it to. Maybe they haven't been on here and read the archives of decent hunts 15-20 years back. They think it's normal to get up at 3 AM every day to pass shoot a wood duck per week. Definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. I wish people gave up more easily.

I can think of a lot worse things 15 and 16 year olds could be doing.
    DILLIGAF

They live and learn, remember the pic?
    Low country redneck who moved north

Quote Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
    Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by mudflat View Post
    They live and learn, remember the pic?
    Ouch.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

These kids have a boat, a truck, and daddies credit card and nothing else to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
    Amen...

Sad thing is, whether they're rich or poor, these young kids need mentoring, but taking a kid to stare at empty skies as the sun rises isn't fun. (maybe for some kids but not for me)
    Nothing compliments a beautiful sun rise than dead ducks floating on the water.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

My dad took me hunting a little bit growing up but never technically mentored me in any significant fashion. He did, however, teach me how to respect others and be a good person in life. That is foundation of all of this (and more). To simplify, be a good, present father to these people and they will get it right.

Social media and technology example!
    Friend sent me a pic, canvasback and widgeon beatdown. Nice, where you at, my next question. I'm in South Texas hunting with XYZ guide service. What lake is that? I get a pin drop of a 25k acres lake landing. In a period of 5 min I know:
    It's a public lake.
    I need a mudmotor, it's what's in pics
    Google Earth shows me the duckiest area
    Google maps shows I'm a 15 hr drive away.
    Guides exploiting the resources and I wouldn't feel guilty at all showing up there in the morning.
    Low country redneck who moved north

They were respectful at the ramp and never were close to me. I had no issue with them. I just would not have kept hunting , at least in the same area, if I was 15 and hadn't shot in days. They certainly had drive.

Quote Originally Posted by JBtflo View Post
    They no longer zero out your points if you don't apply every year like they used to.
    If they'd quit doing this then yall would probably get drawn a little faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

They obviously haven't learned how to boom scout or did you tell them you were float shooting squirrels?