Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SC WMA draw 2021

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuckTX View Post
    Old people sure love to blame social media for every damn thing in the world. But the people who manage our natural resources are responsible for improving habitat and increasing opportunities to keep up with demand. Its been going the opposite way for years.... SC is the worse place on the east coast for public duck hunting opportunity. Go apply to any of our neighboring states, get drawn same year, and kill more ducks than here.
    You wont get drawn same year in GA. Most hunts there take at least 8 preference points, and the popular ones this year took 12-14.

And none of them are worth a shit
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

I think his point was less about points and more about management. If there is no accountability, there will be no performance.

Add in Samworth and Delta E/W not being an option...condenses the applicants into a shallower pool.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    I think his point was less about points and more about management. If there is no accountability, there will be no performance.
    I was just trying to get ol teak to pick up a couple more birds.
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Tekton Game Calls

843-290-9569

Successful

Jan 6th

Tin Bucket Ridge WMA.

4 guns.

Probably got drawn because it's new and not many people applied. The biologist says the corn and chufa did real good. Can't wait.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 11-01-2021 at 01:32 PM.

You a lucky man CD
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Cat daddy, you are a lucky dude. That will be a fine hunt, heard they are loaded w ringers already.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Add in Samworth and Delta E/W not being an option...condenses the applicants into a shallower pool.
    https://www.islandpacket.com/article255447971.html

Dont worry, they are buying more....in an area with almost no ducks.

Quote Originally Posted by swampknob View Post
    https://www.islandpacket.com/article255447971.html

Dont worry, they are buying more....in an area with almost no ducks.
    Couldn't get them to throw in the 336 acres along with the $18,000,000 they got in May, eh? Somebody got their asses handed to them, and it wasn't the landowners...

Quote Originally Posted by WNM View Post
    We got drawn. Year 4. DNR's constant emails and Facebook posts along with reminders from the idiots on any of the 10 "SC Duck Hunters" Facebook pages are the main culprit, I'd suspect. When SCDucks threads like this were the only reminder, you could still get drawn every 2 or 3 years. A lot more eyes, especially from dumb and lazy hunters, are on Facebook than here nowadays.

That's probably to counter the "why didn't you let me know the deadline was yesterday" crowd.

Had 3 points. Unsuccessful yet again.

Didn’t get in with my boy. We got 3 points now. He did get youth again at Bonneau Ferry in Dec.

Don't forget Enoree and Santee Cooper - former Cat I WMA's that lay fallow, neglected and abandoned. Wateree Waterfowl area- not hunted, again. Almost 10,000 acres that will go unutilized this season.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

I will give credit where it's due. Ahci (the kraut bear biologist in charge of what used to be the premier duck properties in SC) is doing some good work on Samworth. Add that in with the sale and repurposing of some fine duck property upriver...that area might turn into something again.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I will give credit where it's due. Ahci (the kraut bear biologist in charge of what used to be the premier duck properties in SC) is doing some good work on Samworth. Add that in with the sale and repurposing of some fine duck property upriver...that area might turn into something again.
    Samworth History - the 3-year closure from 2001-2004 was to allow for site work and increase site fidelity...the relatively good harvest in 2010-11 season was right before the Carr Creek closures...

They fixed problems that didn't exist and the trend continues...but, as far as I know, no one every had the audacity to ever call the guy that ran the place through the 1999-2000 season and ask his opinion.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    Maybe if dumbasses like you didn’t post threads like this there wouldn’t be as much competition. Ever thought about that?
    Quote Originally Posted by WNM View Post
    We got drawn. Year 4. DNR's constant emails and Facebook posts along with reminders from the idiots on any of the 10 "SC Duck Hunters" Facebook pages are the main culprit, I'd suspect. When SCDucks threads like this were the only reminder, you could still get drawn every 2 or 3 years. A lot more eyes, especially from dumb and lazy hunters, are on Facebook than here nowadays.
    Rule #1 of SCDUCKS..... don't talk about South Carolina ducks
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

5th year - group of 4 - successful - 1/7/22 Bear Island West

Quote Originally Posted by Tugted312 View Post
    Didn’t get in with my boy. We got 3 points now. He did get youth again at Bonneau Ferry in Dec.
    Nice. Went there two years ago with my son. Well run, beautiful place, and my son had fun. Try to stay the whole time if you can. If anything like the year we went, watch the woodies and teal. start shooting about 8:30.

Quote Originally Posted by HT View Post
    Nice. Went there two years ago with my son. Well run, beautiful place, and my son had fun. Try to stay the whole time if you can. If anything like the year we went, watch the woodies and teal. start shooting about 8:30.
    Yeah we’ve been a couple times there. Shot teal, woodies, & ringnecks. Had a bald eagle grab 2 ringnecks when we were in the big lake

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    Samworth History - the 3-year closure from 2001-2004 was to allow for site work and increase site fidelity...the relatively good harvest in 2010-11 season was right before the Carr Creek closures...

They fixed problems that didn't exist and the trend continues...but, as far as I know, no one every had the audacity to ever call the guy that ran the place through the 1999-2000 season and ask his opinion.
    What the heck happened in 83-84
    When in doubt, shoot him again!

Work like it's all up to me, but pray, like it's all up to him!