Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Saudis and golf

I think Ricky jumped. He'd be one that I'd kinda miss, but he's been in a slump, so he's probably wanting guaranteed money. Then Louis, because Nutz likes him and he likes tractors.. the rest I don't really care, but it's changing golf now. I wonder if they'll cut off Patrick Reeds dick if he cheats now.. they'll still follow the r&a rules.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinadrifter View Post
    I wouldn’t call it greed. We all work for money. The world is motivated by money. These golfers are underpaid compared to other major professional sports. Aaron Rogers signed for 3 years $150 million. I don’t see people up in arms calling him greedy. If someone is willing to pay DJ $150 million than that is what he is worth.

Well said

Like you know what you're talking about

I don't give a shit about people calling it "sports washing". I don't. If you're going over for the money then say it, shit. I mean some have. At this time, no one knows how long this will last. Those guys have gotten paid though, and I'm not faulting them for that. But don't tell me that those higher profile golfers aren't treated good... Greg Norman has pushed this before, and I don't care for him either. Maybe it'll make the PGA better, who knows.

I doubt it will make the PGA better but that would certainly be a great outcome if it did

How does this affect a tournament like the Masters? Can the players in the new thing still play? Can the Masters defect from PGA and only allow the new thing players?

As of now, I don't think anyone knows. It won't change this year's US Open, the rules were set before, and it's open. I'm not sure how many world ranking points will be handed our, but the weird thing will be previously exempted players. The Masters will do or invite whoever it wants.. there's no telling.

I love CPG
    I take an PLB in the shower with me. Can't ever be too safe.

Whats it like to live w/o the Internet? Not bad, I get photos of your mom thought the mail....

"I'd like to know more about this. Someone give cottontop a bump of coke."
    Sportin' Woodies

I don’t think PGA has any control over the majors
    Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

The PGA championship?

They may be out of the PGA because they will no longer be members of the PGA of America. Masters will do whatever they want. I think the Open and US Open will allow it because they are opens by nature. If you can qualify, you can play. Biggest issue will be if they don’t get any OWGR points, especially for the guys that don’t have big exemptions from major wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    The PGA championship?
    The PGA Tour and the PGA of America, which host the PGA Championship are separate organizations. It is yet to be seen what the four majors will do going forward.

I'll be live streaming this at 9am today, gotta see what the hype is about.

The shotgun start could be more entertaining so you have a full field out there at all times. Instead of pga with the last hour being two or three groups only so 8 million more commercials

I have a feeling the live stream will be packed with ads no matter what. How else are they making money on this? Without TV money that's all they got

Probably run those ads non stop on the side. In theory my idea is good but in reality you’re probably right

I actually hope the LIV does well. I love to see the PGA get all butthurt over players choosing to play in other tournaments.

Tried to watch it. Unable to because of a PGA copyright infringement.

Just read Bryson DeShampoo is getting $100M and going to play in the next LIV event