Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reloading Rifle Powder and Primers

Default Reloading Rifle Powder and Primers

Where is a good place to get rifle powder and primers for 300 Win Mag reloading?
    “You must teach your children that the ground beneath their feet is the ashes of your grandfathers. So that they will respect the land, tell your children that the earth is rich with the lives of our kin. Teach your children what we have taught our children, that the earth is our mother. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the sons of the earth. If men spit upon the ground, they spit upon themselves.”

~Chief Seattle ~

Your best bet is to get in your truck and start hitting up stores that carry/carried them. Online is almost non existent, but I have heard of guys having luck hitting different stores and getting lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Thanks, I'll give that a try.
    “You must teach your children that the ground beneath their feet is the ashes of your grandfathers. So that they will respect the land, tell your children that the earth is rich with the lives of our kin. Teach your children what we have taught our children, that the earth is our mother. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the sons of the earth. If men spit upon the ground, they spit upon themselves.”

~Chief Seattle ~

Quote Originally Posted by ftroop82 View Post
    Thanks, I'll give that a try.
    If you find any large rifle or 209 primers let me know, I’m willing to hit the road within reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

If you keep checking powder valley and grafs, they seem to get some powder. Doesn’t last very long, but it does show up.

or bite the bullet and buy off of gunbroker

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Brownells got an alliant drop in yesterday. I'm sure it's all gone by now though.
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Midway USA has Federal 209A in stock.

Found some online but you have yo pay with some app called "Zelle". Anyone know anything about this?

~Chief Seattle ~

I’ve never used zelle but my bank uses it

Cabelas in Ft Mill had Large Rifle Magnum and I believe shotshell primers on the shelf today

I'm starting to see more and more components. Stopped by a local Mom and Pop store in the upstate and they had several powders.

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

Need to figure out which powders are in your burning speed range and look for those.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

First I heard of Zelle was last week when I found what I thought was a "too good to be true" deal on Google looking for Hornady Creedmoor ammo. They would take PayPal or Zelle... their credit card portal was "down". I got suspicious and did some research and found a lot of scam alerts for it.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

I ran into an ammo scam site too a while back. I work in cyber security so I'm pretty skeptical online but this site was really well done and almost got me. That little voice in my head made me do one more check before I clicked to submit my order and I found all kinds of reports that is was a scam. Don't assume that commerce sites that come up at the top of web searches are necessarily legit.

I try to avoid the hazmat fee.

If anyone sees any large magnum rifle primers anywhere, please let me know. I tried Gunbroker but they will not respond for my verification. I'm kind of weary of some of the online sites that say they have some but have to us ZELLE to pay. I have put my name on the notify list for a few well known sites but have not heard anything. Thanks

~Chief Seattle ~

How about 209 primers? Gunbroker sellers are smoking crack.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Ballistic Products is getting Cheddite 209s from time to time. The price is tolerable with a monthly limit of 5000. They had Federal 209As a few weeks back but they were expensive.