Thread: Fiberglass Work - Columbia

Default Fiberglass Work - Columbia

Thinking about glassing in the dash on my console and flush mounting the electronics. Anyone have any recs in the Columbia area?

I have worked with Horace Mealings in the past, but it looks like he has passed. He was a good guy.

Thanks.

Guy named Ruben is running his business Out of the same place that Horace had. His family works at Sea Hunt and helps in the afternoons and weekends. Ruben will give you the best price around town but just be patient, everyone seems to be backed up in the business.

Tommy Pownall purchased a boat company out of Florida and moved the operation to batesburg. (Barracuda boats) He will do It and allow his guys to do it on the side and they are top notch. Might get you a quicker job and save you a few bucks
    237-7249

Guy near chapin that runs out Doss auto olds place worked at Sea Hunt too. Great work but very expensive.
    I forget his name but it’s a Hispanic fella. Fuentes maybe

What about Stan Dixon in Blythewood? I used to see him at the Waffle House in Blythewood all the time. But I switch to a different house.

Fuentes is in Chapin on Wessinger. Haven’t had him do glass work but he’s buffed and waxed my boat and it looks brand new. I’ve never heard anybody say anything negative about him. PM me if you want his number

Good pointers. Thanks guys

Tommy fucked me over about 8 years ago and is a liar. I’d figure out how to do it on my own before I ever took him anything.

Horace and Marine pro is who I used next. Both excellent experiences.

chess off the top rope
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

A cheaper option would be a black acrylic insert. Depends how many holes you need glassed in. Something to think about.

Marine Pro
    "To the sensitive gunner nothing can equal a bird and a dog and a gun in trilogy."
    George Bird Evans