Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bucks fighting

Very cool.

Great pics, wish I'd of been there to relieve them of their pent up aggression.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Wow! That's bad ass

Not many people have spent as much time in the woods as I have, and I've only witnessed one "Real" buck fight...Last week of muzzleloader season, 1976...Heard it early in the morning from edge of a cutover and I was 30' up a pine tree in a "Baker" tree hugging climber...I slid down the tree, made my way to the fighting I was hearing, but which was out of sight of my stand...It sounded like a gorilla crashing rocking chairs...I made it to them unnoticed, as they were focused on trying to kill one another...Before me 25 yds away was the 2 biggest bucks I'd ever seen in my life at that point, locked in a death match...So I thought I'd oblige one of them...The biggest of the 2 still hangs in my game room.

Never seen or heard anything like that since.....

Quote Originally Posted by Swift Strike View Post
    Not many people have spent as much time in the woods as I have, and I've only witnessed one "Real" buck fight...Last week of muzzleloader season, 1976...Heard it early in the morning from edge of a cutover and I was 30' up a pine tree in a "Baker" tree hugging climber...I slid down the tree, made my way to the fighting I was hearing, but which was out of sight of my stand...It sounded like a gorilla crashing rocking chairs...I made it to them unnoticed, as they were focused on trying to kill one another...Before me 25 yds away was the 2 biggest bucks I'd ever seen in my life at that point, locked in a death match...So I thought I'd oblige one of them...The biggest of the 2 still hangs in my game room.

Never seen or heard anything like that since.....
    Let’s see a picture of him
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Which was the victor

There's a small six point out of sight of the camera saying, "whoop his ass c bass."
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Remarkable pics! And agreed to Swift Strike, it doesn't happen very often but great Dow what a racket. They tear hell out of anything around them, I have seen a few battle sites and heard one death match. Two times I was on a hunt where live bucks were locked together and killed. SRS was one. Found two locked together skulls, pretty awful way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    Let’s see a picture of him
    Screenshot_20211025-193729_Gallery.jpg

Was just re-telling the story to my little granddaughter, and she asked who "Stuffed 'em"...I had to think awhile...I believe it was a guy by the name of Joe Young in Greenwood...Would have been some 45 years ago...Anybody up Greenwood way ring a bell with that name ?

Very cool..... Getting to hear and or see two adults get after it is definitely an awesome experience!
    Just hearing them truly fight it out will make your hair stand up on end!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

My dad and I found a battle spot when I was very young. 6 or 7, I’d guess. He was not a very experienced deer hunter at the time, and I now sort of remember him figuring it out in the moment. I can still remember how big the area was that they had torn up. It was as big as 2 basketball courts, and I can vividly remember exactly what it looked like. Nature is just crazy sometimes.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    Awesome pictures! Btw: I think you may have forgotten to sow the seeds.
    Luckily these beasts had it out before I planted…or else I believe they woulda left a hole in the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Swift Strike View Post
    Screenshot_20211025-193729_Gallery.jpg

Was just re-telling the story to my little granddaughter, and she asked who "Stuffed 'em"...I had to think awhile...I believe it was a guy by the name of Joe Young in Greenwood...Would have been some 45 years ago...Anybody up Greenwood way ring a bell with that name ?
    Doesn’t ring a bell,

Fred Smiths about the oldest around that would have been doing them back then
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    I'd give you an A but the use of a corn feeder and a trail camera knocked you down a few levels.

Awesome pic. See them sparring all the time but never a full out fight. Have always wanted to be in a stand when one occurred
    That damn feeder….full of corn and never spun a lick since I filled it a couple weeks ago. More trouble than they are worth sometimes.

I know the feeling
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid