Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Garmin smart watches for dog tracking...

Default Garmin smart watches for dog tracking...

I have witnessed first-hand what an advantage this is when bird hunting. You see everything at a glance on your watch..how far the dog is out, in what direction, on point etc. Anyone using a watch? what model? TIA
    At least I'm housebroken.

Garmin Instinct.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Garmin Instinct, I’ve been more than pleased with it.
    Keep in mind it just mimics the handheld unit, it doesn’t serve as a unit on its own
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Ditto on Garmin Instinct. Being able to glance at it to see where the dog is instead of picking up the handheld when you are carrying a shotgun is nice. It has become my everyday watch. Sunrise/sunset, moon phase, text messages (receive only), etc. When I'm busy and my phone rings, I can glance at my wrist to see who is calling and choose to ignore the call or answer. It's also very durable. It probably has a lot of other features that I haven't taken the time to learn yet. I charge it about every two weeks and have never had it die on me.

Noted! That settles it...one Garmin Instinct coming up. If anyone has a good online source, I'm all ears
    Last edited by Duck Nitz; 10-25-2021 at 09:05 AM.

Garmin instinct here as well. Target just had them on sale for 179

What kind of life have yall been getting from the instinct?
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Nitz View Post
    Noted! That settles it...one Garmin Instinct coming up. If anyone has a good online source, I'm all ears
    Let me check my Expert Voice account. Last time I looked, most watches were out of stock.
    Last edited by Goin Coastal; 10-26-2021 at 07:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    What kind of life have yall been getting from the instinct?
    Battery life? Or longevity of the watch itself?
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Longevity
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Longevity
    Did you call Garmin yet?

Longevity
    Mine is nearly a year old now and no issues. I had a forerunner 235 before that and the only issue I had with it was the battery wouldn't hold a charge after about a year of poor charging habits, my fault. Garmin replaced that for fairly cheap.

Michael, no I haven't. I really hadn't thought much more about it until I saw this thread. Mine was a year and a half old. Quit holding a charge, went from 2-3 weeks between charges to every night within a year. Then boom one day it died or cut off and hasn't turned back on. I was just curious if anyone elses lasted longer. I felt like mine should have. I never could keep it synced to my phone so I gave up on that after about a month.

I was looking into that one that has the solar charging feature..not sure how reliable that technology is, but it could be the way to go. Damn a technology..

The weather widget was trash for sure, I deleted it off of mine.

Been pleased with all other features, I run moon phase, compass, dog track and barometer

Imo, getting the compass calibrated is a pain in the ass but I enjoyed every other function it had.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Nitz View Post
    I was looking into that one that has the solar charging feature..not sure how reliable that technology is, but it could be the way to go. Damn a technology..
    If I end up with another, that will be the route I take I believe...

Imo, getting the compass calibrated is a pain in the ass but I enjoyed every other function it had.
    You’re just uncoordinated

Christmas will be two years of daily wear for me and no issues. I wish they would add a tide widget.

Instinct here as well. Garmin has always given me excellent service with my dog related products, surely they will do the same with a watch.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan