Thread: 36V Battery

Default 36V Battery

So, I did a thing and bought a Rhodan 36V 96” for the Southport. I’m tired of pulling and resetting anchors. Plus, could you imagine how many fish we’ll kill when we can pinpoint the sweet spots. It might just be unfair.

Anyway, I’m trying to decide on the battery setup. A lead acid setup is the cheapest but heavy and not the best option. Gel is still heavy but better. Lithium is the best and lightest but I know nothing about those big lithium batteries or who the go to manufacturer is. Anyone know anything about who makes the best or are they all equal. Need 36V and 65ah.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I think you will also need a new charger for it also. As far as brands I don't know.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

I’m not a battery expert, but my buddy ordered a 36v lithium 3-4 months ago and still hasn’t received it. Think they backordered like everything else in the world. I think the only negative for lithium is you have to have a separate charger for it.
    Last edited by Remy; 10-24-2021 at 06:39 AM.

I’m running Dakota Lithium batteries in the kayaks (23aH) and also in the bass boat (100aH) and have loved the lighter weight and power they provide. You do have to use a lithium charger though.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

I had a new riptide and 36 volt lithium installed this summer.
    I didn't have the room for 3 more batteries.
    I think it weighs under 40 # and came with a charging system that charged it and the two house batteries when the engine is running.
    It's a game changer for my SeaCraft.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Boss man put one on his 28' Southport. I have played with it a little but nothing crazy yet. Lithium battery which charges while motors are on. Seems to be pretty badass! Looking forward to bottom fishing.

Amy in-depth questions call black dog marine in Okatie. Kirk sells and services a ton of them down here.
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Id put good quality AGM in. Can put a stealth charger in and always have them topped off by running your engine.