Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stoeger M2000 Issues...need some help

I appreciate those of you who read my original post and provided actionable solutions toward (hopefully) a functional gun in the end.

I realize stoeger m2000 in particular isn't popular and even realize there is a good reason for that. But I just refuse to beleive a gun that successfully fired thousands of shells over years and years cannot be repaired to that same level of reliability for a WHOLE lot less money than to trash it and go buy a beretta (which incidently was the replacement for this gun when it quit on me originally) I've got an a400 and it's wonderful no doubt, but I'm looking for a loaner. I like my buddy's and family members but not enough to go buy a beretta to accasionally loan it out.

Had it apart atleast half a dozen times since it started acting up. Nothing is jumping out at me as broken or overly worn. But as many suggested the ejector should be part of the issue and I have never pulled it out of the receiver. From the surface it looks like it always has though.

Mine is over a dozen years old. It doesn't like light loads. I don't take it to the dove field but have never had a problem duck and turkey hunting with high brass

Quote Originally Posted by Agrice715 View Post
    I appreciate those of you who read my original post and provided actionable solutions toward (hopefully) a functional gun in the end.

I realize stoeger m2000 in particular isn't popular and even realize there is a good reason for that. But I just refuse to beleive a gun that successfully fired thousands of shells over years and years cannot be repaired to that same level of reliability for a WHOLE lot less money than to trash it and go buy a beretta (which incidently was the replacement for this gun when it quit on me originally) I've got an a400 and it's wonderful no doubt, but I'm looking for a loaner. I like my buddy's and family members but not enough to go buy a beretta to accasionally loan it out.
    I bought that M2000 for the exact same reason, as a loaner.

I could never get it to work right consistently. I cleaned it. I tinkered. I polished. I took it apart. I put it back together. It would work sometimes, and not others.

I try not to get worked up about it anymore. I sold it (to Pinewood, I think... maybe he got it to work) because I've never had a gun I couldn't fix or at least diagnose.
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

The extractor on the m2000 is a very crude copy of the benelli. I suspect the difference is itallian cnc machining vs unskilled turkish machinist as well as steel quality and hardness. It needs to be able to grab and hold the rim of the shell. The spring force plays a part in this as well. Im not advocating for stoeger and dont own one but if you have one i think they can be improved or given additional life fir less the $50. MOAprecision is a source as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobetter View Post
    I bought that M2000 for the exact same reason, as a loaner.

I could never get it to work right consistently. I cleaned it. I tinkered. I polished. I took it apart. I put it back together. It would work sometimes, and not others.

I try not to get worked up about it anymore. I sold it (to Pinewood, I think... maybe he got it to work) because I've never had a gun I couldn't fix or at least diagnose.
    I remember years ago you saying you wouldn't use it as a boat paddle. I wish I had purchased a few new boat paddles an then we could have made a trade

In bolt-action, lever-action, pump-action, and semi- or fully automatic firearms, extractors typically work in conjunction with ejectors to remove completely a fired, empty cartridge case from the weapon. The extractor removes the cartridge case from the chamber, essentially pulling the case to the rear. Ejector kicks it out.

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

Inertia guns like the M2000 and the Benelli will shoot dirty but they don’t shoot well when they are dry. When the bolt cycling is sluggish, especially when it is cold means that it needs a thorough cleaning and a probably a new recoil spring. The inertia guns need to be run wet…..not slightly lubed but reasonably wet. I clean my rails with a Q-tip and lube it with CLP using another Q-tip. Take the stock off and carefully remove the recoil spring (lots of YouTube videos demonstrating this). To test the spring issue, remove the old one and stretch it. If it fixes the issue(which is likely) buy a new spring and replace it. Weak/rusty springs and lack of lube are probably the main culprits of poor functioning in the inertia guns.
    Last edited by CWPINST; 10-23-2021 at 01:55 PM.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

The m 2000 doesn't have a recoil spring in the stock. It's called a driver spring, its on the magazine under the forearm. part31

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Red Huck View Post
    The m 2000 doesn't have a recoil spring in the stock. It's called a driver spring, its on the magazine under the forearm. part31
    Good deal. Never had one apart but recoil springs in general can be problematic on recoil guns
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

I want to say I read somewhere that people were filing down the extractor by a small amount to help it “let go” of the spent shell. A new recoil spring is likely the only thing going to help the sluggish boot close.

Pretty sure I found the problem. There is a split in the ejector assembly that I'm pretty sure wasn't there from the factory. I never removed this part and you couldn't see the split since it was half buried in the slot in the receiver. Going to order a new ejector housing, ejector plunger, speing and spring retaining pin. When I took the assembly out there was no retaining pin at the rear of the spring which may very well have been what started the problem. I am thinking I will order a new recoil spring or drive spring that goes on the mag tube for good measure as I can't really see how the ejector could be causing the sluggish bolt. I'm not seeing any crazy wear like it's been dragging on any of the sliding parts.