Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stoeger M2000 Issues...need some help

Default Stoeger M2000 Issues...need some help

I have a Stoeger M2000 that is one of the later generations (orange bead sight)

It is currently failing to eject. Typically the bolt catches the brass on the closing stroke and the shell is half way out the ejection port. It doesn't appear to be traveling back far enough to hit the ejector hard enough to really kick it out. As a result it also doesn't seem to travel far enough back to release a second shell from the magazine to even attempt to load the second shell.

It's worth noting that the action seems very sluggish on the closing stroke as well when initially clambering a shell.

Now the backstory is I was young and poor once upon a time wanted an autoloader and the m2000 seemed like lots of gun for the money. It proved to be true as I followed the break in procedure in the manual and never had a problem out of it. I'm ocd and clean every gun after each outing. This gun has seen probably close to 100 rounds of sporting clays, many duck hunts dove hunts rabbits etc. Thousands of shells from light to heavy with no issues. When it acted up so notable on me at a sporting clay charity event I put it away and I have replaced it with a nicer gun. however I find myself often needing to loan a gun to a buddy or family member for some sporting clays or some outing so it would be nice to have a reliable autoloader to loan them so im trying to get it back in working order. Despite half a dozen times very thoroughly disassembling and cleaning and finding nothing only to have it fail I am at what's end.

Anyone have any suggestions? I don't mind buying parts or whatever as I feel I've gotten my money's worth but I also don't want to throw money at it without having diagnosed an actual issue. And my though is maybe I've just worn out the inertia spring (if that's possible) but that doesn't explain the sluggishness when initially clambering.

Take it apart and find what’s broken?

Take it back and buy a gas gun. Problem solved.

Good luck.

I’ll give you $250 for it…….

Install a sure cycle kit

Recoil spring

Mobetter is the go to for Stoeger M2000's here. Shoot him a pm.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by FULLCHOKE View Post
    Take it back and buy a gas gun. Problem solved.

Good luck.
    This here^^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Sell the Stoeger....price point gun gives price point results.

...And if you're going to shoot a price point gun, you need to learn how to work on them.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Mobetter is the go to for Stoeger M2000's here. Shoot him a pm.
    the best tp post of all time

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    He was so joyful.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by Gunning Bird View Post
    The driver spring helps push the driver forward ,back into position and close the bolt. Check the ejector assembly parts 54-58.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    He was so joyful.
    So, not one of my best moments.

I still stand behind my view that the Stoeger M2000 is the worst autoloading shotgun ever made.
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Mobetter View Post
    So, not one of my best moments.

I still stand behind my view that the Stoeger M2000 is the worst autoloading shotgun ever made.
    It only took 7or 8 yrs to get the bugs out mine.

Go to midwest gunworks. Order benelli p/n 60177, 70038, 60173 and stoeger p/n 33097. Swap out and gun will run like new. The first 3 benelli parts are the extractor/spring/retaining pin. They are much better than the stoeger parts and interchangeable. The new recoil spring will help the bolt lock up after it cycles. Did this for a friend that had the same issues with his m2000. There are videos on you tube to help you through the install.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobetter View Post
    I bought a fancy, camo 1st gen when they first came out. I was attempting to not look like a total peasant with my my old, trusty, full-synthetic 870, while attending one of HS's epic dove shoots.

I cussed that gun up and down that day! FTE after FTE. WTF? after WTF? It was essentially a single shot, that day.

It went into the safe until the next gun show. Out it went and got traded for something...I don't even remember what.

F! a Stoeger!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Sell it and buy a beretta

Hell, I had one I couldn't seem to kill. Then sold it after about 10,000 rounds probably.