Thread: Health Insurance Open Enrollment

Default Health Insurance Open Enrollment

Guys, I know that I have been able to help some of yall on here and am trying to currently help some more. Open Enrollment season has started and there are quite a few changes that are out there now.
    1. BlueCross is now offering 6 plans direct through them that will have access to a National network of doctors. In the past Individual coverage was only good in the state of SC, but now that has changed.
    2. The upper end of subsidies is now MUCH higher. I enrolled a family of 4 the other day that makes over $300,000 a year and they are getting a subsidy. That doesn't mean everyone will but if the conditions line up(age, location, not having
    group coverage) then you could get a premium reduction as well
    3. I would strongly suggest not just doing a passive renewal like most have done the past couple years. There are several new plans and with the premium assistance you might be surprised at the new rate. If you are currently not getting any
    premium help you need to at least look at it
    4. As always make sure your doctors are in network and how your drugs will be covered before signing up for a plan. There are several other carriers out there that are offering lower rates but have a terrible network of doctors.

I've told everyone before this, but you can use me as your agent or you can find another agent that can help with this process. A good agent should be able to help get you a plan that has your doctors in-network and explain how your prescriptions are covered. If you are not getting this service now please give me a call and I will be happy to help. We will also help with any claims issues that might arise during your plan year as I have office staff that handle that to take that off your plate.

Walker Forrest
    803-730-4946

Just wanted to remind everybody that it is Open Enrollment season officially. There are a ton of changes this year so you definitely need to be shopping. Would love to see if I can help you.

Hey, so I saw an add on YouTube where a guy was paying $15 per month through the marketplace with dental and vision. I’m assuming (since you are the man when it come to this stuff) that you can get Brooke, myself and the boys on that plan for $60 per month? Go work your magic....
    Last edited by dubs; 11-09-2021 at 03:55 PM.
    Formerly DM88

I’m going to have my wife give you a shout. We’re in the process of moving back to SC and have to find our own insurance now. Where abouts in the state are you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by quackaddict View Post
    I’m going to have my wife give you a shout. We’re in the process of moving back to SC and have to find our own insurance now. Where abouts in the state are you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Im in the Columbia area but I travel the whole state and sell across the state. You let me know and I can be there

Bumping this back to the top as we are in full Open Enrollment mode. Also keep in mind that if you have a business that offers benefits we would be more than happy to look at those as well and see if we can help

Bringing this back to the top. We are in the middle of it and several of yall have reached out. Let me know what questions you have and how we can help

Guys yall should be beating this man's door down! He took great care of me and I wish i had called him when he first started talking about health insurance on here.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.

Just wanted to give you a heads up that tomorrow(12/15) is the deadline for Open Enrollment on the subsidized plans. For direct plans it goes until 12/31. Even though Open Enrollment goes until 1/15 all changes made after the 15th on subsidized plans they wont be effective until 2/1.

Let me know if I can help yall

Do I need to give you a call only if I can’t get coverage through my employer. My employer offers insurance, which is high. So you would not be able to help me if I’m understanding correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by thawhacker View Post
    Do I need to give you a call only if I can’t get coverage through my employer. My employer offers insurance, which is high. So you would not be able to help me if I’m understanding correctly.
    It all depends. If the government deems it affordable for the employee only portion then nobody in the family can get a subsidy. However, depending on your rates at your work it MIGHT be cheaper to put dependents on an individual policy than through work. There are a lot of moving parts and if you would like to talk about it I would be happy to talk with you