Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Entitled Kids

Default Entitled Kids

and the adults they become is major contributing factor many of the messes we're seeing now a days. interesting article below.

entitled.png
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

yes indeed
    At least I'm housebroken.

"Lazy overly sensitive Parents" > "entitled children"

I became aware of the issue when I watched a few of the "kids" shows when my son was young. The kids were always smarter than the adults. Watch any of the iCarly's or fill in the blank Disney shows. There is generally one "cool" adult who gets it surrounded by idiots adults who are not as smart and definitely not tech savvy. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Yep. Also interesting how few of Disney movies and shows portray a nuclear family. They were normalizing alt lifestyles and family structures before it was en vogue, in addition to the denigration of parents as less intelligent than the kids.
    Last edited by everlast; 10-21-2021 at 10:42 AM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

I periodically talk to some of the parents of the kids that my son is friends with. They complain about their kids playing these stupid fort night games and whatever else that's out there. I'm thinking to myself...your kid is 7. Get off of your facepage or tictac or whatever you're on and spend some time with your kid. They think it's "so cool" that my son works in the garden and they're amazed that he doesn't have a cell phone. All while they're complaining about their kid being on theirs too much.

cell phones at age 7?!?!?

holy cow times are changing...
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I will tell you that my wife and I are not on the same page as parents. You know what that will cause.
    I have used John Rosemond articles to try and explain it.
    Putting a child before a spouse will absolutely ruin a marriage. Common sense parenting is gone in today's society. Everybody wants to be a friend instead of being a parent.
    Set standards...attain goals and meet standards....get self esteem.

People worry about their children's self esteem, but have know idea how to build it in a child. It damn sure doesn't come by making sure they are happy and content at all cost.

^you have my empathy
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    cell phones at age 7?!?!?

holy cow times are changing...
    My daughter is about to turn 12 and still doesn’t have one, all of our friends are amazed and say “I wish mine didn’t have one” I always say, well did they drive to the cell phone store and buy one? I can’t stand to hear parents act like they don’t have control of their kids, stop being the cool parent and let your kids know that we aren’t “friends “
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

In one of Rosemond's articles, he asks parents why their children needed smart phones. He said the only answer that he ever gets is " because their friends have them". He went on to say, if that is your then you are the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpknocker View Post
    My daughter is about to turn 12 and still doesn’t have one, all of our friends are amazed and say “I wish mine didn’t have one” I always say, well did they drive to the cell phone store and buy one? I can’t stand to hear parents act like they don’t have control of their kids, stop being the cool parent and let your kids know that we aren’t “friends “
    Exactly. It ain't hard to tell a child no. Seems pretty simple to me

I have two sons
    Both sons are now educated, out of the house, married, home owning and have great careers.
    Both in their twenties
    I still enjoy spoiling the shit outta them and my wife. So far, so good
    Oh, and my little 18 month old Grandson, him too. Him and I are going to the Fair on Sunday by the way.
    Common sense, decency and manners go a long way with raising kids.
    Most important thing you can do is spend time with them, listen to them and pay attention.
    Most proud that neither drink nor dope, I am pretty sure its because they were on a boat or in the woods with me
    every weekend from the time they could walk til they moved out
    Last edited by ecu1984; 10-21-2021 at 01:37 PM.

parenting done right. good stuff ecu.
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    I have two sons
    Both sons are now educated, out of the house, married, home owning and have great careers.
    Both in their twenties
    I still enjoy spoiling the shit outta them and my wife. So far, so good
    Oh, and my little 18 month old Grandson, him too. Him and I are going to the Fair on Sunday by the way.
    Common sense, decency and manners go a long way with raising kids.
    Most important thing you can do is spend time with them, listen to them and pay attention.
    Most proud that neither drink nor dope, I am pretty sure its because they were on a boat or in the woods with me
    every weekend from the time they could walk til they moved out
    Don't forget about all the jet skiing excursions y'all went on.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Fuck anything that older generations have to say about younger generations. The problem started with them. If they had raised their kids right, their kids would have raised theirs right. Their generation let our government deteriorate, they set the stage for all the disaster and want to point their crooked ass fingers at younger people. A child is going to grow up as a reflection of how their parents raised them. Don’t blame the child, blame the parent of that child.

I just want to know who to blame for this.

[/QUOTE]

Parents of those two must be proud
    -Samuel Adams

It’s is the time spent with not the money spent that is remembered