Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If You Need Help...

Default If You Need Help...

PLEASE talk to somebody.

Had a great conversation yesterday with a couple of the homies, and the truth is, we all have problems. I personally had a problem with Adderall, Ritalin and stimulants in general. I've overcome my issue, but a good bit of damage has been done, mainly to the relationship with my wife. I would bottle stuff up and then explode at home, breaking stuff and being a general ass. I'm in accountability group now, which has done wonders of good in my life. I encourage you to join our group, or find someone you can confide in. All you need is ONE PERSON. That's it. PM me if you want info regarding my group.

I pray that you learn from my mistakes, so as not to commit them yourselves. The end.

BTW, my name is Scott, and my number is (704) 219-4210. Holler at me if you need me.
    Last edited by Black Bart; 10-20-2021 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Additional Info

I know a guy on here that had sex with a goat.

and another one whose wife likes mayo better than him.

They need help. I hope they get it.

Good on you for making it easier on them.

I'm an ass but dont need a group to tell me. I got yall.

Hope this helps.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post

Hope this helps.
    Lewis Grizzard had a funny bit about your first line
    Houndsmen are born, not made

I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Damn brother I don't think I woulda told that

Hope this helps.
    Something something about right time and right place and right thread. I forget how you worded it but you get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    PLEASE talk to somebody.

Had a great conversation yesterday with a couple of the homies, and the truth is, we all have problems. I personally had a problem with Adderall, Ritalin and stimulants in general. I've overcome my issue, but a good bit of damage has been done, mainly to the relationship with my wife. I would bottle stuff up and then explode at home, breaking stuff and being a general ass. I'm in accountability group now, which has done wonders of good in my life. I encourage you to join our group, or find someone you can confide in. All you need is ONE PERSON. That's it. PM me if you want info regarding my group.

I pray that you learn from my mistakes, so as not to commit them yourselves. The end.
    Ego, pride and loner/rebel wolf pack of one machismo has ruined more than one good man.

Thanks for putting this out and opening up. Hopefully it helps someone.

Even a dentist.

Quote Originally Posted by SCDAWG View Post
    Damn brother I don't think I woulda told that
    That's exactly the point, homie.

Good for you BB! About that finding someone to confide in, don't choose 2th. We pinky sweared about the goat...

oh and not to belittle the black man's post.

We ALL got stuff to deal with.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

It's all good, y'all. I ain't easily deterred by pasty-white, futbol-playing dentites.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    PLEASE talk to somebody.

Been a tough year in my world, so I was fortunate that the place I work for has free counseling, no deductible, no records, nothing. So I figured I would give it a shot. The best part, which I thought would be the worst part, was it was via Zoom. This kept me out of waiting rooms, others seeing me walk in and out and wondering "what's up with him?".

Here is what I learned:
    Everyone is going through something.
    The worst thing that has happened to you is the worse thing that has happened to you, it is not a contest with others.
    You are not the only person going through this.
    Problems created by man, can be solved by man. (Feel free to change the pronouns)
    Admitting you need help does not make you weaker, it makes you stronger.

Good luck with your journey, sounds like you are at least self-aware and that is more than half the battle. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

I was talking about the Lewi Grizzard joke.

I'm glad you posted BB.

The goat lied. Keep strong BB.
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

Thanks for the kind words, but this isn't about me; whether or not you admit anything on here, get help if YOU need it. That's the point.

No matter how smart or strong someone is, its highly unlikely that a person will be able to crack the code and live as high quality of a life with their own personal trial and error instead of taking advise, coaching, counseling from people who have studied the aggregated knowledge/wisdom compiled throughout history on the subject, and learn from the experiences of others.

Use a cheat code for life and let someone show you a better way. Your family will thank you. You only have one chance to give your kids a happy childhood.
    Last edited by everlast; 10-20-2021 at 08:25 AM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

I have always felt that a good drink of fine liquor, a fire, something cool cooking, and some raucous 80s rock and I'm good. Kinda makes me understand how lucky I am to have made it this far.

Good Luck

Great post man. I swear being a man is a pretty damn lonely adventure. Sure we have friends and we talk hunting, fishing, farts, women with big botties, current events etc. BUt if a man was to start talking about his feelings and emotions, hed get looked at like the elephant man
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

My major professor at Clemson Dr. Nix told me one time that throughout life you will have alot of "buddies". But if you are lucky you will have one or two real friends that if you call at any time and need them, they are on the way. Our preacher calls them 3am friends. Sometimes you just need to tell somebody something to get it off your chest. You dont need criticism or I told you so. Sometimes you feel like you are the only ones going through stuff.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    My major professor at Clemson Dr. Nix told me one time that throughout life you will have alot of "buddies". But if you are lucky you will have one or two real friends that if you call at any time and need them, they are on the way. Our preacher calls them 3am friends. Sometimes you just need to tell somebody something to get it off your chest. You dont need criticism or I told you so. Sometimes you feel like you are the only ones going through stuff.
    We had this exact same conversation yesterday, even down to the 3:00 AM friends bit. Didn't know anybody else referred to those friends in the same manner.