Thread: SPOTS

anybody know if the spot are running at Murrells Inlet yet. nothing but a bunch of bikes last weekend.

I haven't seen or heard of anyone catching them in good #'s yet.

the charleston glasstron fleet should be out in full force soon.

i haven't done spots since i was a kid.
    wherever we go we bring monkey with us

spots?

Okay heres the menu: A box of spots, a box of sweet potatoes, a loaf of bread, Pepsi-cola.

Profile of the cook: His name is Colin. He is a redneck. His is an equipment operator/fry cook. Everything he cooks/eats is fried. He uses his Case pocket knife to cut everything. He also uses it to eat with...as opposed to using a fork.

Method of cooking: Slice the spots several times from from top to bottom, bread, salt liberally and deepfry. Slice sweet potatoes into thick chips, salt liberally and deepfry.

Eating method: While standing at the tailgate of Colin's truck (which has grease and diesel fuel all over it) you eat spots, which are boney and fishey in the extreme, undercooked potatoes and you savor a piece of bread (known in redneckese as "light bread" (as opposed to "heavy bread"?)) as it is really the only edible thing in this entire culinary disaster.

so your real name is colin i take it.
    wherever we go we bring monkey with us

[img]graemlins/lol.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/lol.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

I have heard that they are starting to run on the beaches in NC.

Oooohh Duky...you so funny! [img]graemlins/devil-flip.gif[/img]

We caught about 100 spots in our gill net last Friday night near Myrtle Beach. Very good average size. Not sure if the hook-and-line crowd is doing much with them yet.

Hope you're joking about spots being "boney and fishy in the extreme!" Only Little Pee Dee River redbreasts (full of mercury though they be!) in the spring can rival fresh fried spots in the fall.
    That the Tiger's roar may echo.....

ABB, why would you "hope I'm joking". It takes all kinds to make this world go round. For instance, some people like king mackerel...I think they suck. Possibly the nastiest oiliest shit fish ever to swim the Atlantic. Some people refer to the dolphin as the finest eating in the ocean. Personally, I prefer freshly caught raw yellowfin with a shot of wasabe. I've eaten my share of spots and they ain't nothin compared to a fresh Waccamaw River titty redbreats.

Well, de gustibus non est disputandem. But I see we agree on redbreasts from the coastal black water rivers!
    That the Tiger's roar may echo.....