Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Feeders

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Coons cannot get to it. We have a bunch of coons, and we fasten the dog proofs to the feeder legs and rebar n the pens. The only issue I see is that the varmint cages make a lot of the corn gather right under the feeder. We got the short legged feeders, so they are pretty close to the ground. If we didn’t have hogs, I would get the tall ones, throw a 12v battery in them, and let em roll.
    Word. That 650# with 8’ legs is going up at my place January 1. Hopefully my queer deer start eating under it by July 4th.

Are there any South Carolina dealers for Texas Hunter feeders? The shipping on those things is painful.

Check out Foreverlast 12v feeder head. On sale for 79.99 on their website. I will never go back to a 6v. These are built well and I've used a bunch of different ones. Go to Northern Tool and get you one of the 12 volt solar chargers, I think 39.99 I paid. 20.00 12v Northern Tool battery. Battery never needs charging. I run them 4 seconds vs 10 on the old 6v.Screenshot_20211001-202944.jpgIMG_20211016_084305448.jpg
    Low country redneck who moved north

Quote Originally Posted by thunderchicken View Post
    Are there any South Carolina dealers for Texas Hunter feeders? The shipping on those things is painful.
    I got mine from outdoors for less. I believe they shipped it cheaper.

All season
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    Word. That 650# with 8’ legs is going up at my place January 1. Hopefully my queer deer start eating under it by July 4th.
    Put some koolaid in the feeder. It'll bring em on

Moultries suck now but are cheap and convenient.
    The best big store bought one I've had has been the big 650 lb one with the ladder on the side of it from academy. If you keep an eye on the they will drop down to $300 every once in a while

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/gam...eder?sku=brown

I like building my own. Get a 55 gallon drum and go from there. All seasons has been the most reliable one I've had yet. Look at these 2 websites and you can get everything you need. The elusive wildlife site even carries the empty housings you can customize which motor you want, spinner plate style, timer etc. I've even been cutting my barrels and putting sight windows to see how much corn is left inside

https://www.nativeoutdoors.com/

https://www.elusivewildlife.com/
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

We have Texas Hunters with solar panels, and haven’t changed a battery or had a malfunction in 3 years. Fill them and forget it.
    Same here. Been sitting in the woods for 5 years just changed the battery. Corn doesn’t mold either. The 12 volt systems seem easier on batteries and motors.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderchicken View Post
    Not that I know of but if several get together you can save on shipping. The Sweeney feeders are about the same construction and quality. I th8nk bps sell then as shipped item
    Last edited by centurian; 10-18-2021 at 08:19 PM.

Moultrie cameras aren’t what they used to be and the feeders definitely aren’t. My first Moultrie feeder lasted about 6 years and stayed in the weather for those 6 years. Now I’m lucky to get a season out to these new motors. Disappointing that their durability has evaporated. I’m running 3 feeders and have replaced 3 motors this year. None were very old.

We have Texas Hunters with solar panels, and haven’t changed a battery or had a malfunction in 3 years. Fill them and forget it.
    I tried using solar chargers but the raccoons destroyed them. They would break the mounts, pull wires out and shit on the panel surface….

For what it’s worth, I know two people that are reps for moultrie and they use corn piles instead of feeders.

texas are the best i’ve seen .

i put 5-10 out @5 years ago and all still work great. hogs don’t mess them up
    and even had one submerge and it’s syill good!
    Windows Down!

Quote Originally Posted by Geetch View Post
    For what it’s worth, I know two people that are reps for moultrie and they use corn piles instead of feeders.
    We use feeders year round except during the Turkey season. We do not hunt over the feeders. When we hunt over bait we use corn piles. You can kill deer coming and going to both and not hunt directly on the corn.

If a person needs a feeder to kill deer you have a bigger issue than what brand is best. Trust me on dat one!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

The baseball coach went from hiring a Saban assistant to hiring a Frank Beamer assistant let that sink in.

Went to order one of those 8' 300# Texas Feeders, right up until they wanted $223.48 for shipping.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    If a person needs a feeder to kill deer you have a bigger issue than what brand is best. Trust me on dat one!
    Where's the eye rolling imogi when you need it

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    The baseball coach went from hiring a Saban assistant to hiring a Frank Beamer assistant let that sink in.
    3CC7402E-C3CF-4D5E-B88D-5A9345A9B470.gif

Quote Originally Posted by UPSTATEWATERFOWLER View Post
    Moultrie cameras aren’t what they used to be and the feeders definitely aren’t. My first Moultrie feeder lasted about 6 years and stayed in the weather for those 6 years. Now I’m lucky to get a season out to these new motors. Disappointing that their durability has evaporated. I’m running 3 feeders and have replaced 3 motors this year. None were very old.
    I cant keep a moultrie camera. Opened a few up and the wires are hair thin. Heavy on the solder. Usual failures are wire breakage at the solder point, meaning cheap materials and heavy handed manufacturing practices. Pointed this out to the Moultrie folks and they stopped talking to me. Fuck em.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton