Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bergara rifles

Bergara is very accurate but shitty triggers
    80-20 Genaration

Triggertech is a nice upgrade in the Bergara.

I handled a Tikka T3x lite stainless the other day. I think I found my next rifle but I want a 308 and that rifle doesnt come in that caliber, just 300wm and 6.5CM. Torn....

Action was slick. Trigger felt cleaner and more crisp than any of the other guns.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    Trigger in this one is pretty dang good. Set at about 3#, no creep and crisp on the break.

A761BC7C-9A65-4B4E-9E38-986B7A19C0E0.jpg
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Is that the ridge 18 inch? I just picked one up and want a similar set up. Ordered the suppressor a couple of days ago. The trigger on my B14 is the best factory trigger I've ever felt.
    Last edited by carolinaaviator24; 10-20-2021 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinaaviator24 View Post
    Is that the ridge 18 inch? I just picked one up and want a similar set up. Ordered the suppressor a couple of days ago. The trigger on my B14 is the best factory trigger I've ever felt.
    Yes, B14 Ridge Special Purpose Short Barrel in 6.5CM with the Omega 300 suppressor and VX5HD 3-15X56 Firedot 4 in Talley 20 MOA rings. Shooting 143grn ELD-X PH in really tiny groups, like a very small cloverleaf. I own a lot of rifles, this one is quickly becoming my favorite set up.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Damn that's the exact set up I plan to do. Glad to hear its a shooter! What height talley rings you running?
    Last edited by carolinaaviator24; 10-20-2021 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinaaviator24 View Post
    Damn that's the exact set up I plan to do. Glad to hear its a shooter! What height talley rings you running?
    High.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Yes, B14 Ridge Special Purpose Short Barrel in 6.5CM with the Omega 300 suppressor and VX5HD 3-15X56 Firedot 4 in Talley 20 MOA rings. Shooting 143grn ELD-X PH in really tiny groups, like a very small cloverleaf. I own a lot of rifles, this one is quickly becoming my favorite set up.
    I have that exact same rifle in .308, with the exact same scope and exact same rings. I’m shooting Berger VLD’s and it is fabalus. And I’m waiting on Biden for the suppressor.
    Last edited by trkykilr; 10-20-2021 at 06:03 PM.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Trigger in this one is pretty dang good. Set at about 3#, no creep and crisp on the break.

A761BC7C-9A65-4B4E-9E38-986B7A19C0E0.jpg
    Double Secret Probation Officer

I ended up going with the Bergara B-14 and put a Leupold VX-3 3.5-10x40 scope on it. Only put a few rounds through it and it is a very smooth shooter with very little recoil. Now to start working up some custom loads for it.

Quote Originally Posted by thawhacker View Post
    Clean out your inbox! Unless you’ve already gotten rid of said rifle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

The $13 MCARBO trigger spring replacement for the tikka t3 is a must do. Night and day next improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    I looked at one of their higher end models last week, I forget which one but the trigger consistently broke at 2.3 pounds. For a factory trigger I was impressed.

Their premier rifles come with Trigger Tech triggers installed. I’m looking at the Premier Approach in .223. $1399.00. I can’t have that rifle built for that, even with a donor action.
    I built a 22 using one of their barreled actions. Put in an XLR chassis and upgraded the trigger. My buddy has a Voodoo that he paid 3X what my Bergara cost. The Bergara will hang with it all day every day.

Somebody give me some info on the recoil of the 6.5 short barrel Bergara. Light enough for young kids to shoot?
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."