Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dave Chappell "The Closer"

Watched it two nights ago and loved it. He gets it.

Chappell is one of my favorites
    so is Anthony Jeselnik

Chappell did have a thing right after George Floyd. I don't remember exactly but remember not liking it.
    Either way, I like Chappell. Nobody gets a pass with the good comedians.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Watched his Netflix special last night.

He's a smart fucker, lives to push your personal boundaries and after watching the show last night, respect the fuck out of him.

Take away, while there were a few laughs, he was pretty light on humor and shot both barrels at the easily offended (the alphabet club), getting center mass both times.

Watch it. It's good.

Agree 100%

One of my favorite parts was watching the two doublewides(pasty white glasses and her girlfriend with pink hair) just get madder and madder the whole show. Started out laughing at the beginning, moved to resting bitch face about halfway through, and then went straight to "bunny in the pot" crazy looking at the end

ETA: Had to go look it up...skip to about 16.5 mins remaining and look at them. Cracks me up!
    Last edited by FishSticker; 10-13-2021 at 12:24 PM.

Looks like there will be a few more openings t Netflix soon. I hope they do not cave. MG

https://www.cnet.com/news/netflix-tr...tag=CAD590a51e

Netflix trans-worker group plans walkout Oct. 20 over Chapelle special, report says
    Workers are protesting the special, which includes jokes that punch down at trans people, as well as Netflix leadership's response to criticism about it.

Joan E. Solsman headshot
    Joan E. Solsman
    Oct. 13, 2021 11:28 a.m. PT
    201911-tokyo-selects-dsc08749.jpg
    Netflix, the largest streaming service of its kind globally, has offices around the world.

Netflix
    A Netflix group for trans workers is coordinating a company-wide walkout protesting the company's latest comedy special from Dave Chapelle and Netflix's responses to criticism that it includes transphobic jokes, according to a report.

Netflix didn't immediately respond to a message seeking comment.

Get the CNET Culture newsletter
    Explore movies, games, superheroes and more with CNET Culture. Delivered Tuesdays and Fridays.
    "Our leadership has shown us they do not uphold the values to which we are held," an internal organizing message for the group said, as reported by The Verge. "Between the numerous emails and non-answers that have been given, we have been told explicitly that we somehow cannot understand the nuance of certain content."

Netflix released its latest stand-up special by Chapelle, The Closer, last week. Often a lightning-rod comedian, Chapelle touches on past criticism from the LGBTQ community in the show and delivers some new jokes ridiculing trans people -- the kind of comedy that advocacy groups like GLAAD and the National Black Justice Coalition say will incite hate and violence. With advocates and trans employees calling on Netflix to take it down, co-CEO Ted Sarandos has committed to keeping the show up, and some workers who protested the response at a meeting were suspended (and subsequently reinstated).
    Dum Spiro Spero

Not enough safe spaces for the snowflakes.

They gotta understand that everyone in the world isn't ok with their perceived ability to choose what God has already determined, and you can't make em.

Just gotta get over it and move on. There's a ton of people that resent me simply for being a white, male Christian. Can't change it, so don't waste time worrying about it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Watched it last night as well. Heard a trans being interviewed on NPR on the way home from work about it. Figured better check it out before it's cancelled...

I'm a big Chappelle fan. Has amazed me to see how he has matured as a comedian and how far he has come with his craft. He's a smart motherfucker too.

Fav of all time is his his skit doing little John. "They calling me, hell ophra"...

https://www.cc.com/video/b0rmez/chap...rah-uncensored
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

The 1st amendment is hard on feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    This all occured in the early '70s and my folks were young SoCali Beach kids . They had some fun together for sure.
    That’s awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    I just Googled apoplectic.
    You're not the only one

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Had a random encounter that turned into a big night with Dave and Bill Murray at the royal American years back....he’s one cool dude
    "some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters"-Archibald Rutledge

Looks like he had more than a few stand up specials for Netflix. There's a few I still need to go back and watch. Anywho, the Sticks and Stones was the same way as The Closet where at the end there's random pictures of Dave with other celebs, musicians and comedians. If you continued to watch the credits it scrolls through em. One was with Bill Murray. Sounds like that same night.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

The last 15 minutes of The Closer was unexpected. A solid message worth listening to.
    Last edited by scatter shot; 10-14-2021 at 06:22 AM.

He's keeping it real, that's for sure

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The overall takeaway is, stop taking yourself so seriously. Damn solid performance and worth watching. And rewatching.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

There's a transdude in my office.

I am getting a Dave Chappell TShirt to wear for casual Fridays.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

"The aim of the joke is not to degrade the human being, but to remind him he is already degraded" -G. Orwell.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Thought it was Awesome, Dave has always been my one of my favorites. Used to watch his show a lot in high school. That last few minutes was tough. I just went TDY with a transchick. He/she was actually really cool, and loved to make jokes about the decision she made. Maybe if they didn’t take theirselves so serious they wouldn’t get hated on and picked on relentlessly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

Most of these trans whatever’s are nothing but attention whores.