Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chucky resigns as HC of Raiders

If he was undefeated and a lock for the Super Bowl…….

No more than a work around that saved money.

My guess they wanted him to apologize and take sensitivity training. He refused.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntinjunkie View Post
    He didn't belong there in the first place. He won the super bowl with Tony Dungys team and then ran Tampa into the ground. Never thought he was that great of a coach.
    Truth. See how this works, brother?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntinjunkie View Post
    He didn't belong there in the first place. He won the super bowl with Tony Dungys team and then ran Tampa into the ground. Never thought he was that great of a coach.
    In fairness, Dungy's teams at Tampa had great difficulty scoring points. It must've been tough for fans watching that defense lose playoff games despite holding their opponent to low scores. I don't think Tampa could've outscored the Raiders in the Super Bowl with Dungy as head coach.

No offense intended, HJ. There's probably no greater gentleman or defensive coach than Dungy. I was glad to see him win the big one when he went to Indy.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Truth. See how this works, brother?
    When I'm not called a yankee. Or bruh. BTW no feelings hurt

LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by w33kender View Post
    In fairness, Dungy's teams at Tampa had great difficulty scoring points. It must've been tough for fans watching that defense lose playoff games despite holding their opponent to low scores. I don't think Tampa could've outscored the Raiders in the Super Bowl with Dungy as head coach.

No offense intended, HJ. There's probably no greater gentleman or defensive coach than Dungy. I was glad to see him win the big one when he went to Indy.
    No offense taken. And everything you said was correct. They could never score enough to get past st Louis. I just think Gruden got more credit than he deserved. Dungys team won Gruden just happened to be the coach.
    Last edited by Huntinjunkie; 10-13-2021 at 09:29 PM.

So why didn’t they win when he WAS the coach?

Not enough offensive firepower. Kinda like the 2016 Broncos led by Peyton Manning, who they knew would likely shut down any offense placed in front of it and offense would score just enough points to win the game.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

JON GRUDEN SUES NFL & ROGER GOODELL
    ... You Destroyed My Career!!!

TMZ Sports

Jon Gruden is accusing the NFL and Roger Goodell of conducting a "malicious and orchestrated campaign ... to destroy [his] career and reputation."

It's all spelled out in a new lawsuit, obtained by TMZ Sports, filed in a Nevada court on Thursday ... in which Gruden says the Goodell and the NFL obtained his private emails with his friend and former coworker Bruce Allen.

The former Raiders head coach accused the NFL and its commish of holding the emails for months ... only to leak them when they could cause maximum damage to Gruden.

Gruden characterizes this as a "soviet-style character assassination."

In the docs, Gruden points out that the NFL uncovered hundreds of thousands of emails as part of a larger investigation into sexual harassment allegations against the Washington Football Team ... but the only emails that he claims the NFL leaked are the ones that implicate Gruden.

The 58-year-old, meanwhile, says Goodell and the league have kept all of the other ones under wraps.

Gruden also claims the NFL initially only released a single email -- the one containing the reference to NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith's lips -- and immediately began pressuring the Raiders to fire him over it.

But, when the Raiders refused, Gruden claims the NFL then released a batch of other emails, saying the league "weaponized" them, and ultimately caused the Raiders to pressure Gruden into resigning.

Gruden notes in the suit that the NFL has historically tried to appear transparent, by issuing written reports on a host of past investigations, including Deflategate, the Ray Rice incident, and the harassment allegations against the Miami Dolphins.

The former coach says the leak is an attempt to distract from the NFL's failure to properly handle the sexual harassment allegations against the WFT.

Gruden is suing for unspecified damages -- including punitives -- claiming the NFL's actions caused him to lose his sponsorships and recognition (including his place in the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' Ring of Honor).

It should be noted -- nowhere in the documents does Gruden deny sending the offensive emails.

For its part, the NFL has denied Gruden's allegations ... saying in a statement they "are entirely meritless and the NFL will vigorously defend against these claims.”

https://www.tmz.com/2021/11/12/jon-g...roger-goodell/

I HOPE he sticks it up the gazoo and breaks them
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"