Thread: Trail cameras with time lapse mode

Default Trail cameras with time lapse mode

Was told by a customer today about a function he uses on his trail cameras on his food plots. He called it time lapse mode I believe. Instead of having a camera in a food plot that only takes a pic when something goes by close enough to set it off , the camera can be set to take a pic every so often during a set time during the day. This would allow pics to be taken even if a deer or deer are 100 yds away. I run 35 or so cameras at any given time during the day most of which are on trials, feeders, corn piles, scrapes, creek crossings etc., but I have never heard of this function. I'm sure some of my cameras have it and some don't. I would love to have some cameras to do this on my food plots.

Does anyone have much experience with running cameras this way. If so what are some good cameras that can do this. Thanks in advance. Andrew
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

I have used it a pretty good bit, especially during turkey season. Most of the $100 plus cameras are going to have it. 90% of moultries do. That’s all I have really used.

Just curious. How many acres do you run 35 cameras on?

Now we know how you lost all the weight. Running to 35 cameras will sure enough do it!
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by StrutnBPS View Post
    Just curious. How many acres do you run 35 cameras on?
    Man I couldn't tell you. My largest lease is 761 acres. But I've got 4 or 5 on my 70 acres here behind the house, and I've got permission to hunt on a dozen or so other small places here around town

Use to be a camera called Plotwatcher specifically for this. Damn running 35 cameras. Ran 8 last year and down to 2 this year. Rest are sitting on the shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Was told by a customer today about a function he uses on his trail cameras on his food plots. He called it time lapse mode I believe. Instead of having a camera in a food plot that only takes a pic when something goes by close enough to set it off , the camera can be set to take a pic every so often during a set time during the day. This would allow pics to be taken even if a deer or deer are 100 yds away. I run 35 or so cameras at any given time during the day most of which are on trials, feeders, corn piles, scrapes, creek crossings etc., but I have never heard of this function. I'm sure some of my cameras have it and some don't. I would love to have some cameras to do this on my food plots.

Does anyone have much experience with running cameras this way. If so what are some good cameras that can do this. Thanks in advance. Andrew
    Friend of mine uses this function sometimes on a reconyx or however you spell it.
    Helps to have a good computer that you can quickly scroll through pictures while looking for changes (deer) from one picture to the next otherwise you are going to be sitting there awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man I'm a trail camera freak. My boys love it too. We usually try and go check them on Sunday's after church. They can actually tell you where they are and love looking through pics with me. I'll let them pic a place to put a camera and see if they can get a pic. Anything I can do to keep them outside and interested in it

Quote Originally Posted by Smilee View Post
    Use to be a camera called Plotwatcher specifically for this. Damn running 35 cameras. Ran 8 last year and down to 2 this year. Rest are sitting on the shelf.
    I used to have a plot watcher. I had it on a stick in a field behind my parents house. I forgot it was there and disced over it

If I ran that many cameras I'd have to write them down. The most I've ever ran was like 6 and I still forgot about one of those and "found" it about two years later.

If I ran that many cameras I'd have to write them down. The most I've ever ran was like 6 and I still forgot about one of those and "found" it about two years later.
    I have done that before no doubt

i dont have that many cameras but I damn sure have found a couple a year or so later that I forgot about.

i, like BM (snicker), use that mode during turkey season sometimes. lots of those cameras have it. its called time lapse on some of the moultries, i think.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

35 cameras?!

Good gracious.

That’s happened to me many times. Kind of embarrassing.
    Carolina Counsel

Using an app like on x and marking your cameras helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    That’s happened to me many times. Kind of embarrassing.
    Did you make one of those "who's camera is this, contact me if you want it back" posts on FB?